Student Success Coordinator/Recruitment Specialist (Hybrid) - School of Public Health
West Virginia University School of Public Health is currently accepting applications for a Student Success Coordinator/Recruitment Specialist.
About the Opportunity
As a Student Success Coordinator/Recruitment Specialist,you willbe primarily responsible for leading the strategic undergraduate recruitment and enrollment initiatives for the WVU School of Public Health. The incumbent will be responsible for the formation, implementation, and assessment of recruitment strategies to attract undergraduate students for Public Health programs. The incumbent will analyze data and identify best practices for recruitment and enrollment to attract students with competitive academic profiles. The incumbent will offer guidance for departmental enrollment strategies, admission criteria, and recruitment initiatives that are in line with School and University goals.
We strongly believe in work-life balance and keeping time for things we love outside our work. WVU offers generous benefits, including:
- 37.5-hour work week
- 13 paid holidays (staff holiday calendar)
- 24 annual leave (vacation) days per year
- 18 sick days per year(for when you're ill, for when you need time to care for sick family, for your own, or your family's, regularly scheduled medical appointments. Who is family for the purpose of this leave? A lot of people in your life including immediate relatives and in-laws as well as others considered to be members of your household living under the same roof)
- WVU offers a range of health insurance and other benefits (this position is a benefits-eligible non-classified staff position)
- 401(a) retirement savings with 6% employee contribution match, eligibility to continue health insurance, and other retiree perks. Looking for more retirement benefits information? Check out retirement health insurance benefits, retirement income, and FAQ's.
- Wellness programs
What you'll do:
- Work with the Director of Admissions & Recruitment with the development and implementation of all SPH recruitment activities and initiatives. Ensure that the initiatives are consistent with institutional strategic goals and priorities. Coordinate and participate in recruiting events on- and off-campus, including phone call, email, and notecard campaigns
- Plan, organize and direct on campus student information fairs in coordination with university-sponsored events. Identify and recruit key faculty, staff, and students to participate in on campus recruitment events as appropriate
- Identify and research new and expanded market opportunities that are compatible with the strategic plans of the WVU School of Public Health (SPH)
- Collaborate with admissions to determine best practices for recruiting FTFs and FTTs
- Develop and refine presentations for recruitment events (including new student orientation content)
- Develop information to present to regional recruiters and admissions counselors on behalf of the school; respond to inquiries from prospective students and families; conduct visits for prospective SPH students; handle complex inquiries related to academic programs
- Travel within the state and country to meet with prospective students interested in WVU and School of Public Health majors
- Coordinate with WVU Visitors Center for on-campus visits and other recruitment initiatives
- Assist with Graduate Recruitment as necessary
20% Research, Outreach and Assessment:
- Interpret data from admissions regarding inquiries, admits, and transfer students; develop/manage specific communications to these groups
- Develop recruitment messages and materials in conjunction with communications and marketing; identify and profile SPH students recruitment and school messaging in conjunction with same
- Assist the Director of Admissions & Recruitment with selection of and working with SPH students who will serve as SPH student ambassadors and participate in recruiting events for the school
- Track and monitor applicants, admits and paid deposits in coordination with the office of admissions; analyze weekly enrollment reports
- Refine communication plans for inquiries, admits, and paid deposits in partnership with university relations
- Research, identify, and build relationships with community and technical colleges in the state and surrounding region that have large percentages of students who transfer to four-year institutions
- Identify and participate in worthwhile outreach opportunities to spread SPH and WVU brand awareness
20% Administration and Leadership:
- Lead and develop freshmen and transfer student recruitment initiatives for the SPH
- Work with academic programs to determine best practices for recruitment FTFs and FTTs
- Oversee processes for readmitted, second degree, and non-degree students; assure students are directed to the appropriate advisors, or that intervention advising takes place as necessary; effectively communicate rules governing degree completion for these student populations
- Serve as the representative for the SPH at the key recruiter meeting
- Actively participate in school committees pertaining to advising an undergraduate performance, including the undergraduate studies advising council, academic suspension appeals committee, and others as needed or requested
- Provide strategic planning and vision in the development, implementation, and evaluation of student success programs designed to retain students and help them persist toward graduation
- Serve on school and university committees as needed to enhance recruitment and retention
- Prepare and propose an annual operating budget for UG recruitment initiatives and manage fiscal resources needed to support SPH recruitment goals
- Work with the Director of Admissions and Recruitment to communicate trends, patterns, policies, etc. that may impact SPH recruitment efforts to SPH and university administration
- Acquire an active knowledge of all policies and procedures relevant to the office of academic and student affairs
- Bachelor's Degree in related field OR anequivalent combination of education and directly-related experience. Master's Degree preferred.
- A minimum of two (2)years of advising at the college level; recruiting experience required.
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills in order to effectively recruit and assist students, parents and faculty
- Ability to acquire and integrate knowledge of employer expectations and their relationship to strategic curricular decisions
- Ability to acquire and maintain knowledge of all SPH departmental admission standards and benchmarks
- Liaison with new and existing programs to develop appropriate admission standards and benchmarks
- Fluency with Banner and DegreeWorks as well as other nationally normed college entrance materials such as advanced placement scores and courses, SAT and ACT exams, etc.
- Ability to identify and adapt the SPH brand in relation to WVU's mission and recruitment goals
- Ability to create and maintain databases to track college-wide internship and experiential learning initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to pay attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly following conventions of standard American prose, and to adapt style to the medium and context
- Ability to work occasional weekends and evenings and travel outside the state
- Ability to assess and enhance the effectiveness of advising and recruiting and create recruitment events that reflect these trends
- Ability to represent the college in a professional manner
- The ability to travel to WVUs regional campuses and/or within the multi-state area is required
At West Virginia University, we leverage our talents and resources to create a better future for our state and the world. As West Virginia's land-grant university, WVU has three campuses that touch each corner of the state. The WVU System includes 518 buildings on 15,880 acres, Extension Service offices in all 55 counties, ten experimental farms and four forests.
From the groundbreaking R1 research of our flagship campus in Morgantown to the career-oriented programs of WVU Potomac State in Keyser to the technology-intensive programs at WVU Tech in Beckley - the contributions of WVU employees directly impact the 1.8 million people of West Virginia every day, no matter their role or position.
Service, curiosity, respect, accountability, and appreciation are the core values that unite Mountaineers, inspiring one another to work tirelessly and support others as they seek to reach new heights. After all, when you're a Mountaineer, impossible is just another mountain to climb.
Creating an inclusive, engaged, and dynamic learning environment is core to WVU's academic mission. We welcome candidates who can contribute a range of ideas, approaches and experiences.
To learn more about West Virginia University, visit go.wvu.edu. View current career opportunities at careers.wvu.edu.
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.
Job Posting: Sep 15, 2022
Posting Classification: Non-Classified
Exemption Status: Exempt
Benefits Eligible: Yes