Grants Administrator (Hybrid) - Behavioral Medicine - School of Medicine
WestVirginia University Research Corporation is currently accepting applications for a Grants Administrator in Behavioral Medicine within their School of Medicine.
About the Opportunity
As a Grants Administrator, you willwork with the Behavioral Medicine and Psychiatry Department Vice Chair of Research, AVP, Department Administrator, department faculty and staff, WVCTSI members, community partners, management, and staff to manage all aspects of the Behavioral Medicine and Psychiatry pre-award and some post-award activities.
At WVU Research Corporation, we strongly believe in work-life balance and keeping time for things we love outside our work. WVU Research Corporation offers a comprehensive benefits package with a variety of options to suit your needs:
- 13 paid holidays (staff holiday calendar)
- 403(b) retirement savings with a fully vested 3% employee contribution match, (Employees have the option of contributing an additional 1-3% of their earnings to the plan, which is also matched by the WVURC)
- A range of health insurance and other benefits
- Dependent Education Scholarship
- WVU Perks
- And More!!
What you'll do:
- Oversees Behavioral Medicine and Psychiatry grant administration ensuring that funding regulations are implemented and followed
- Manages all aspects of the department's grant application processes by developing strategies to meet and improve the organization's goals. Initiates the application process with researchers, prepares all data for the official agency application for(s), completes all internal application forms Provides guidance on grants development for individual researchers
- Provides support to Behavioral Medicine and Psychiatry Department members (HSC faculty, research scholars etc.) with research project grant proposal development by:
- Identifying appropriate mechanism for funding;
- Pairing investigators with internal and external partners that will make the proposal more fundable;
- Editing and assisting with writing of proposals;
- Constituting and coordinating a proposal team to work together on the development grant proposals;
- Developing and providing templates for grants, abstracts, resource pages, budget justifications, biosketches, letters of commitment/participation, etc.
- Develops guidelines and procedures relevant to grants and sponsored programs for the Behavioral Medicine and Psychiatry Department
- Assists in developing research and department activities that address the researcher's priorities, needs, and strategic directions
- Works with the Vice Chair of Research to identify funding opportunities for Behavioral Medicine and Psychiatry activities
- Serves as a department liaison between WVCTSI and WVU OSP when submitting and tracking CTR grant and other grant proposals
- Facilitates grant proposal team communication and encourages work amongst researchers and between researchers and other program staff
- Oversees progress reporting, prior approval communication, and any additional communications
- Leads creation of progress reports for the NIH CTR grant and quarterly reports by:
- Ensuring all NIH requirements will be met by reporting mechanisms;
- Drafting NIH report and the Behavioral Medicine and Psychiatry annual report with the AVP and Department Administrator
- Monitors for Federal reporting requirements
- Participates in Research Team meetings and provides required reports to facilitate strategic and critical thinking and decision-making
- Provides education and grant writing training to faculty and Behavioral Medicine and Psychiatry members and will support communication with the Office of Sponsored Programs
- Master's degree in Administration, Business, or a related field OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two (2) years of experience in NIH grants management, writing, research, business, or health care administration.
- Skilled at NIH grant proposal development and writing.
- Skilled at building and maintaining positive relationships with faculty, staff, and administrators involved in sponsored research
- Skills in, or knowledge of, professional principles, legal and/or reporting requirements affecting extramurally sponsored projects
- Skilled at operating effectively in a fast-paced, high-volume environment to meet deadlines
- Skilled to prepare comprehensive reports and present ideas clearly and concisely
- Proficient in the latest Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, Adobe conversions and other related applications
- High-level oral and written communications skills necessary to explain complex guidelines to appropriate management staff, to justify recommendations, and to interact with regulatory agencies and auditors
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as program solicitations, form instructions, manuals, etc.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization
- Ability to perform simple arithmetic in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
About Research Corporation
Why WVU Research Corporation?
The WVURC was created as a not-for-profit corporation in 1985 to support research (R1) at West Virginia University. We provide evaluation, development, patenting, management, and marketing services for inventions of the faculty, staff and students of the University.
The WVURC receives and administers funds awarded by external agencies for research and other activities and is responsible for helping protect intellectual property through patents, copyrights and licensing agreements for start-up companies based on University research.
Creating an inclusive, engaged, and dynamic environment is core to WVURC's mission. We welcome candidates who can contribute a range of ideas, approaches and experiences.
West Virginia University Research Corporation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We value diversity among its employees and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.
Job Posting: Sep 16, 2022
Posting Classification: Research Corporation
Exemption Status: Exempt
Benefits Eligible: Yes