Financial Compliance Specialist
The Office of Sponsored Programs at Virginia Tech, a central university department under the Office of the Vice President for Research and Innovation, is seeking a Financial Compliance Specialist to join the Financial Compliance and Integrity Team in the Office of Sponsored Programs under the Office of the Senior Vice President for Research and Innovation.
The Financial Compliance and Integrity Team members Specialist provides continuous monitoring and analyses of the financial transactions involving the university's sponsored research grants, cooperative agreements and contracts, to help ensure that all expenditures and revenues comply with governmental, university and sponsor regulations, policies and procedures, and helps the university manage the risks that could result from noncompliance. This position reports to the Financial Compliance Manager. This position is will be on the main campus with option for hybrid telework arrangement.
- Bachelor's degree or lesser degree or significant relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
- Experience with sponsored research and financial management of sponsored research.
- Demonstrated experience and/or college coursework with emphasis on accounting, finance, or government/business regulations and administration.
- Strong proficiency in using spreadsheets to manipulate, analyze, summarize, and report data.
- Strong communication skills and attention to details
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines, and provide strong customer service.
- Project administration and/or project management experience preferably in a Research setting.
- Knowledge of a university administrative and accounting systems, practices and procedures.
Commensurate with experience
September 28, 2022
Position is located in Blacksburg, VA. Hybrid work arrangement is available.
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Lynn Byrdat firstname.lastname@example.org regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.