Senior Associate Dean, O'Maley College of Business
About Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University:
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is an independent, culturally diverse institution providing quality education and research in aviation, aerospace, engineering, and other related fields with residential campuses located in Daytona Beach, Florida and Prescott, Arizona. The University's Worldwide campus provides educational opportunities online and at approximately 130 locations throughout the United States, Asia, Europe, and Central/South America.
As the largest and most comprehensive aviation and aerospace-focused university in the world, Embry-Riddle is a unique institution. Over the past 90 years, the University has evolved with industry to break new ground and produce top-level graduates who serve the ever-changing needs of aviation and aerospace and other STEM-related disciplines. Embry-Riddle offers programs in seven primary fields of study including: Applied Science; Aviation; Business; Computers and Technology; Engineering; Safety, Security, and Intelligence; and Space.
For Academic Year 2020-21, there were over 10,700 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students that attended the University's residential campuses and approximately 32,700 students in total enrolled with the University around the world.
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is now hiring a Senior Associate Dean for the David B. O'Maley College of Business (OCOB) at the Daytona Beach campus. The Senior Associate Dean (AD) is a senior leader of the OCOB, reports directly to the Dean, and serves as the second-ranked leader of the college. The AD works collaboratively with the Dean and is responsible to the Dean for planning, implementing, evaluating, and assuring the quality of all academic programs and operations of the College. The individual is an integral part of the leadership team and acts for the Dean in the Dean's absence. The individual must have high integrity and ethical standards and be an articulate and energetic spokesperson, and advocate for the College.
The AD will be a tenured faculty member in one of the College's departments or schools at the rank of Professor or Associate Professor, hold a terminal degree, have a continuing record of scholarly achievement, and be capable of representing the College with internal and external stakeholders.
The AD works closely with the Dean in leading the internal operations of the David B. O'Maley College of Business. The AD serves as a key strategic advisor to the dean and serves as the Dean's deputy for administrative affairs, academic operations, finance, and the systems that support those functions and services.
- Leads special initiatives, academic and co-curricular programs that elevate the learning experience in the O'Maley College of Business and lead to increased student retention, persistence, and timely graduation.
- Serves as the college coordinator of all AACSB accreditation efforts including database/information development, reports, plans, policies, and interpretation of accreditation standards.
- Partners with Director of Accreditation Assessment, Program Coordinators, Department Chairs and faculty to grow culture of continuous improvement.
- Oversee timelines and processes to ensure accreditation activities are continuously conducted and are consistent with established guidelines.
- Drives efforts to operationalize and implement strategic accreditation goals around innovation, engagement, and social responsibility. Facilitate the planning, monitoring, and reporting of the COB strategic plan.
- Provide leadership and oversight of the College's operations, including budgetary and financial management, personnel and human resources, contracts and grants, and facilities.
- Works closely with the Dean to develop and coordinate the school's annual academic and operating budget planning process. S/he oversees all college-wide financial processes, maintains financial records, manages contracts and special compensations, and approves payments, in collaboration with the Provost's Office, Business Office, Human Resources or others as appropriate.
- Responsible for maintaining a sound financial environment and good business practices and work closely with individuals/units who process and record financial transactions to ensure timely and accurate financial information, to monitor accounts and resolve problems, and to ensure compliance
- Manages college budgets, including managing and supervising annual budget preparations; monitoring and advising on department budgets and accounts; preparing budgetary and personnel reports, analyses and projections.
- Supervises and controls purchasing of supplies and equipment, serving as the property custodian for the college.
- Reviews and approves the reconciliation of accounting records with university reports/financial statements and prepares recurring financial /budget reports for internal purposes.
- Lead College efforts to expand data-driven enrollment and academic operations supporting program creation, enrollment, retention and student satisfaction goals.
- Collaborates with school's department chairs, and assistant/associate deans, and staff in areas of planning and management.
- Develops, facilitates, and supports curriculum, trainings, policies, practices, and programs that identify, develop and advance diversity, equity, inclusion, and cultural competence for students, staff, and faculty.
- Collaborates with Associate Dean for Research to ensure that faculty research needs are identified and met. Partners to expand faculty research in university identified key areas.
- Terminal degree in one of the disciplines within the College.
- A notable record in teaching, scholarship, and service, sufficient to merit the rank of a senior associate or full professor in one of the departments of the college.
- Proven leadership experience as well as demonstrated ability to work collegially with faculty, staff, administration and other relevant stakeholders.
- Experience with AACSB standards and accreditation, academic program development, and budgeting.
At the time of application, please include a letter of interest, full curriculum vitae and the names and contact information for at least three academic professional references who can speak to one's qualifications.