Office Coordinator, Career Services
Provide administrative leadership for Career Services Department to ensure efficient operations, processes, and workflow. This position provides technical and administrative support for the department and its customers. Utilizes excellent customer service skills for current students, alumni, and the general public regarding career exploration and job search assistance. Responsible for managing the Wisconsin Technical College System job search platform for the College.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the functions identified in the job description.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Provide main administrative support for Career Services Manager and overall department.
- With the assistance of the Career Services Manager, lead and empower the work of front desk teammates, work study employees, and interns.
- Serve as the main point of contact for the WTCS job board; responsible for maintaining and enhancing the use of the college’s online job board and virtual event platform.
- Plan, coordinate, and lead career fair and other related events.
- Assist in preparing and planning departmental budgets. Monitor revenues and expenses to ensure operation within budget. Maintain and reconcile Career Services accounts.
- Provide daily direct customer service to students, staff, outside agencies, and the general public. Direct and assist students in their search for employment and career related information. Provide technical assistance to students on the use of the computer work stations, software applications, and internet sites.
- Provide excellent customer service via telephone, in person, and through other modes of communication. Determine and assess nature of customer need, provide appropriate service, and make relevant referrals.
- Schedule appointments for team members individually and for group/classroom workshops with instructors and the broader community.
- Support marketing related activities to include website and social media content.
- Perform Career Closet duties including, but not limited to maintaining inventory, assisting visitors, and organizing merchandise; utilize system to document inventory. Assist in the development of the vision and direction of the department.
- Assist in the development of the vision and direction of the department.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Minimum of Associate Degree in Business, Human Resources, Administrative Assistant, Leadership, or related field.
Experience: Minimum of two years of related experience.
*An equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered.
Cultural Competence: Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and sensitivity to and understanding of a diverse community of college students, faculty, and staff.
*NWTC welcomes candidates who currently possess the desired skills and experience and are committed to learning and growing.
Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to learn WTCS job search platform functionality, CRM, online student success program data management systems, online meeting tools, etc.