Program Coordinator, Senior (Oro Valley, AZ)
Posting Number: req11714
Department: Vet Med Administration
Location: Outside of Tucson
Address: 1580 E Hanley Blvd, Oro Valley, AZ 85737 USA
The University of Arizona's College of Veterinary Medicine invites applicants for the position of Program Coordinator, Senior (Instructional Technology Professional II). This position provides high quality support to Academic Programs, faculty course leads, and for UA-CVM students in the Doctor of Veterinary Medicine professional program. A successful candidate will exercise initiative, resourcefulness, and good judgment working in an environment that is very fast-paced and centered around team-based learning and peer instruction. The successful candidate will be competent using a variety of computer software programs; have a high proficiency and comfort in multi-tasking; possess a strong customer service orientation; and have strong oral and written communication skills. The Program Coordinator, Senior must demonstrate a high capacity to respond to requests in a timely manner with diplomacy and discretion. This position will serve as a bridge between the faculty, students, Elentra (the learning management system) and the curriculum.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works closely with stakeholders (faculty, academic staff, leadership, and clinicians) in the development and implementation of the curriculum in Elentra, the Learning Management System (LMS), to ensure deliverables are being met.
- Develops proficiency in the LMS; transposes the curriculum into the LMS and verifies proper function of administrative, faculty, and student interfaces in the LMS.
- Prepares and presents training modules for stakeholders and students.
- Troubleshoots issues and identifies areas for process improvement.
- Provides complementary expertise to faculty as they incorporate elements of active learning, and particularly in developing robust formative and summative assessment into coursework.
- Gains familiarity with the current state of competency-based veterinary education.
- Liaises with LMS customer service/technical support staff to maintain optimal function of the LMS, including identifying necessary points of software customization and overseeing the development and implementation of solutions to those needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Exceptional organizational, detail, and communication skills.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and meet stringent deadlines.
- Ability to work
collaboratively with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience required.
- Experience working in an academic environment.
- Experience in educational technology.
- Experience working with LMS software concept (Learning Management Systems).
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Information Technology
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $47,735 - $58,000
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.