Student Success Coordinator
Chestnut Hill College (CHC). Founded by the Sisters of Saint Joseph, CHC is an independent, mission driven, Catholic institution that fosters excellence by providing a holistic education within a strong liberal arts foundation. The mission of the College is dedicated to serving the Dear Neighbor--student, faculty, staff, the surrounding community, and our global neighbors--without distinction.
Supported by funds through the Title III Dear Neighbor Project, CHC is seeking Student Success Coordinator (SSC) for our new Student Success Initiative. SSCs will report to the Director of Academic Advising and Student Success and is responsible for advising/mentoring at-risk students, assisting in the developing and refining systems for student support, assisting in identifying best practices for student support. The SSC works with students in guiding them with successful transition to and completion of a college degree
- Work with Director of Academic Advising & Student Success and other College leadership and partners to provide immediate information regarding at-risk students.
- Maintain an advising load of at least 80-100 students.
- Assist with preparing for special events, including Griffin days, Welcome Week/New Student Orientation and Advisement and Registration periods;
- Assist with analyzing, collecting, and maintaining advising and its related data
- Assist with maintaining student advising records and files
- Assist with maintaining information about advising related processes and academic policies
- Assist in the development and refine systems for student success.
- Work with and collaborate with Academic Affairs, Student Life, and Enrollment Management on matters related to retention and student success.
- Work collaboratively across college departments as an advocate for students; this may include but is not limited to Academic Affairs, Title IX, Campus Safety & Security, Residence Life, Dining, Athletics, Disability Services, Learning Resource Centers, Campus Ministry, Student Health, Student Success, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, Global Education, and Student Conduct
- Demonstrate cultural competency and the ability to communicate effectively in a culturally sensitive manner with both individuals and groups from diverse backgrounds, including but not limited to, international students, racial and ethnic minorities, students with disabilities, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, veterans, and other marginalized populations
- Work on using a mission centered, relational approach to help improve student retention and mitigate risk.
- Serve on college wide committees or working groups when required
- Attend to assorted duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 3 years related experience
- Working knowledge of early alert systems
- Evidence in success supporting at-risk students in an academic or student affairs role required.
- Familiarity with best practices in student support and engagement required.
- Work with data systems related to student success preferred.
- Experience supporting at-risk students in an academic or student affairs role required.
- Experience working with student data in enterprise systems required.
- Experience in academic advising, learning support, counseling, and/or institutional research required.
- Work with data reporting systems related to student success preferred.
- Demonstrated interest and experience working with college students including diverse and/or underrepresented populations
- Master’s degree preferred
- 5 years related experience in higher education
- Experience mentoring collegiate athletes
- Bilingual English/Spanish speaking preferred
Currently the College is requiring COVID vaccines for all faculty, staff, and students. There will be limited exemptions for medical or religious reasons.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Jobs@chc.edu. No phone calls please.