Instructor/Assistant Professor - School of Nursing (Family and Community Health)
Clinical Education Faculty (9-mo) - Maternal/Infant Women's Health Nursing
West Virginia University
School of Nursing
West Virginia University School of Nursing Family and Community Health Department located at Morgantown, WV invites applications for a Faculty position in Non-Tenure, Clinical Education Track. This is a full-time, nine-month position, benefits eligible position. This position will report to the department chairperson.
- Clinical teaching in the BSN programs. In addition to clinical teaching, other formats of teaching, including traditional classroom instruction, skills lab, small group, and simulation teaching may be included.
- Advising students in the BSN program.
- Master's degree (MSN) in nursing and one year of professional nursing practice experience or Bachelor's degree (BSN) with ten (10) years of experience. Applicants with an earned doctorate in nursing or a related field are encouraged to apply.
- Required to have unencumbered WV RN License by position start date.
- Applicants with two years of teaching experience in nursing are encouraged to apply.
- Evidence of current experience in maternal/infant women's health nursing practice sufficient to demonstrate professional competence.
- Initial appointment requires: two years of professional nursing practice experience.
- Teaching assignment requires experience in maternal/infant women's health nursing.
- Rank and salary commensurate with education, professional background, and experience.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Electronic submission of application with current vitae, and contact information for three professional references can be made at: https://wvu.taleo.net/careersection/faculty/jobdetail.ftl?job=20719
At West Virginia University, we leverage our talents and resources to create a better future for our state and the world. As West Virginia's land-grant university, WVU has three campuses that touch each corner of the state. The WVU System includes 518 buildings on 15,880 acres, Extension Service offices in all 55 counties, ten experimental farms and four forests.
From the groundbreaking R1 research of our flagship campus in Morgantown to the career-oriented programs of WVU Potomac State in Keyser to the technology-intensive programs at WVU Tech in Beckley - the contributions of WVU employees directly impact the 1.8 million people of West Virginia every day, no matter their role or position.
Service, curiosity, respect, accountability, and appreciation are the core values that unite Mountaineers, inspiring one another to work tirelessly and support others as they seek to reach new heights. After all, when you're a Mountaineer, impossible is just another mountain to climb.
Creating an inclusive, engaged, and dynamic learning environment is core to WVU's academic mission. We welcome candidates who can contribute a range of ideas, approaches and experiences.
To learn more about West Virginia University, visit go.wvu.edu. View current career opportunities at careers.wvu.edu.
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.