Training & Development Manager
The Associated Students of CSU, Chico is recruiting for Training & Development Manager. This is a full-time, full-year (2080 hours), exempt position. The pay rate starts at $62,400/yr, depending on experience. The anticipated schedule for this position is Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm with occasional nights and weekends. The schedule is subject to change based on operational needs.
Associated Students offers excellent benefits to include medical, dental and vision insurance with a generous employer contribution toward the cost. Basic life, AD&D, and long term disability are fully employer paid. Retirement is offered through CalPERS. An employee contribution to this defined benefit plan is required in addition to a significant employer contribution.The Associated Students (AS) is a comprehensive campus auxiliary corporation of CSU,Chico serving thousands of students, faculty, staff and community members through myriad student programs, services and business enterprises. With an annual budget of more than $21M, the AS operates residential and retail dining services, the Bell Memorial Union, the Wildcat Recreation Center (WREC), and administers the contract for the Wildcat Store (bookstore). Additionally, the AS offers a wide variety of services and programs such as: CAVE (Community Action Volunteers in Education), Child Development Lab, Adventure Outings, Recycling, Sustainability and student government. Typically, the AS employs more than 100 full and part-time employees and more than 750 students.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with Associated Students. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current Associated Students employees who apply for the position.
Per CSU and Associated Students policy, all staff accessing campus are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (proof required) or have an approved exemption.
To be considered, you must submit an application in full to www.as.cscuchico.edu and attach a resume and cover letter.
TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Under general direction, manage the Employee Professional Improvement Center (EPICenter) which is responsible for on-boarding, training and professional development programs for the organization. This is a management position.
- Plans, organizes, and directs on-boarding, training, and professional development for student and non-student employees.
- Develops and delivers effective training and materials utilizing a variety of media. Trainings may be in-person, virtual or recorded. Secure subject matter experts to conduct training as needed.
- Assigns required and requested training to employees utilizing learning management system. Monitors completion. Ensures accurate record keeping.
- Develops and delivers a comprehensive onboarding program for all employees.
- Plans and organizes employee events such as Core, Encore, holiday activities, etc.
- Create and manage an employee mentorship program.
- Manages and develops the Employee Professional Improvement Center (EPICenter). This includes the development and administration of the Training and Development budget.
- Collaborates with Human Resources and Risk Management regarding compliance and mandatory training requirements.
- Conducts assessment of training to evaluate and measure effectiveness. Supports and moves forward other organizational assessment efforts as needed.
- Prepares reports and other requested data.
- Collaborates with other campus and local training partners. This includes active participation in the CSUC training collaborative committee.
- Research and advise managers regarding employee training needs.Maintains regular communication with supervisor and other management staff as needed.
- Other related duties may be assigned.
POSITIONS DIRECTLY SUPERVISED
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
Work is typically performed in an office setting and occasionally outside environments, including exposure to dust, heat and possible adverse weather conditions; continuous contact with staff, campus community, and public.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Prolonged periods working on a computer; manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination; verbal and written communication. Ability to move throughout and between different departments and facilities in the organization.
Occasional travel in and out of state for various conferences and trainings.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
- Identify and research training needs.
- Traditional and modern training methods, techniques, and best practices.
- Assessment tools for training programs, services, and functions.
- Effective presentation skills with strong attention to detail.
- Budget development, fiscal controls and accounting.
- Computer systems and software applications related to training administration.
- Organize data, maintain records and prepare reports as needed.
- Work well under pressure meeting multiple and sometimes competing deadlines.
- Works effectively as a team member with other members of management and the HR staff.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with the supervisor, AS management, colleagues, campus community, general public, and those contacted during the course of work at all times demonstrating cooperative behavior.
MINIMUM EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Three (3) years of progressive, full-time program management, preferably in Human Resources, programming or services.
- One (1) year experience designing and implementing employee programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in educational administration, business administration or related field.
- Full vaccination status against COVID-19 or an approved medical or religious exemption per Associated Students policy.
- Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. Associated Students will make a conditional offer of employment which may be rescinded if the background check reveals any disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current Associated Students employees who apply for the position.