Program Coordinator, Health and Wellness - STA
Kennesaw State University
Health Education and Promotion
Job ID: 246826
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Find your wings at KSU!
Are you ready to join a higher education community leading in innovative teaching and learning?
Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country and one of the largest in the state of Georgia offering more than 150 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees to its nearly 43,000 students. Our university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties, entrepreneurial spirit, and Division I athletics draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe.
We are growing and searching for talented people to join our mission!
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
Plans and implements program initiatives for the assigned college, department, and/or unit. Participates in the generation of program resources, communication, design and development of operating goals, objectives, and protocols. Serves as primary point for program implementation and operational matters. Provides technical, professional and programmatic guidance, consultation, and support.
* Develops, plans and coordinates the implementation and execution of programs, special projects, events and other initiatives designed to achieve the overall mission, goals, and objectives of the assigned program(s) and/or department(s)
* Oversees and administers all facets and activities related to day-to-day operations of the assigned program(s) and/or departments
* Serves as liaison with internal and external clients on all matters relating to program and/or department activities
* Provides, administers and/or coordinates the provision of technical guidance, consultation, related support to clientele within area of program focus
* Assists with forecast projections and budget for each fiscal year and evaluates progress towards financial goals
* Prepares and delivers presentations and collateral for program and/or department and events
* Coordinates and administers the collection, compilation, and analysis of program activity data, prepares comprehensive program reports and evaluation summaries
* May coordinate, administer and monitor social media presence and program outreach
* May supervise and/or lead assigned staff and/or students assistants
* Recruits, interviews, hires, trains, and manages Wellness Peer Mentors for the wellness coaching program
* Collaborates with campus stakeholders to develop a comprehensive, multidisciplinary approach to student health and well-being
* Plans, implements, and evaluates theory- and evidence-based health and wellness strategies, policies, programs, and services
* Develops strategic plans, goals, and measurable objectives for health education programs and services
* Plan, administer, and monitor program budget and conduct financial forecasting
* Develops marketing materials to promote programs on campus and social media platforms
* Develops, implements, and analyzes periodic student health surveys providing baseline and follow up health data
* Evaluates effectiveness of programs and services, and tracks trends in student health status and behavior as well maintain programmatic reports.
* Participates in continuing education to maintain Certified Health Education Specialist/Master Certified Health Education Specialist credential, wellness coaching certification, or other.
* Hire, train, manage, supervise, and evaluate paid and/or volunteer student staff and interns
* Coordinates use of the Owl Life student engagement software to create and publicize student programs and events, track student participation, and ensure compliance with divisional and university guidelines
* Provide support for other divisional priorities and initiatives beyond the scope of the department, as requested
* Identifies and applies for grant opportunities and funding sources relevant to health and wellbeing initiatives
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in related field
One (1) year of related work experience
Minimum Licensure/ Certification Required By Law and/or Institution:
Current, valid, and unrestricted Georgia driver's license
Master's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in Public Health, Health Promotion, Health Policy, or Health Education, Higher Education Administration or related field
Previous experience with program development and coordination
Previous experience in higher education
Two (2) years of health promotion and well-being work experience, preferably in higher education
Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) or Master Certified Health Education Specialist (MCHES); American Council on Exercise Health Coach, WellCoaches, or related wellness/health coach certification
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
* Able to devise, develop, collect and analyze statistical information and reports
* Demonstrate professional knowledge and operational expertise within designated area of program focus
* Able to make administrative and/or procedural decisions and judgments
* Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
* Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
* Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
* Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
* Familiar with electronic medical records systems
* Effective health coaching skills as it relates to wellness concepts, behavior change, motivation, coaching theory, ethics, and standards of practice.
* Effective supervisory and leadership skills for student employees
* Demonstrated passion for and experience supporting student success in a diverse and complex environment
* Ability to successfully interact with a multicultural community comprised of individuals/groups from an array of backgrounds, identities, experiences, and communication styles
* Ability to recognize and protect confidential information and exercise judgment, tact, and diplomacy in handling sensitive information and situations
* Available to work evenings and weekends for programming with students
* Ability to work as a contributing member in a team-oriented environment, successfully interacting with internal and external colleagues and partners
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
- Standard Enhanced + Education Verification
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=246826&PostingSeq=1