The Virginia Tech Center for Economic and Community Engagement (CECE) is seeking qualified candidates for the position of program assistant for the Regional Internship Collaborative. This is a part-time position, and may be of limited duration if related to a specific program or grant. The Regional Internship Collaborative program assistant will support all aspects of the program according to the project implementation requirements, including data collection, educational workshops, outreach events, and communication.
The selected candidate will work closely with the program coordinator, other CECE faculty and staff, and the program's steering committee, consisting of leaders from education and industry from the New River Valley, Roanoke-Alleghany Highlands, and Lynchburg regions.
This position involves juggling multiple tasks and projects and meeting deadlines. In order to keep everything running seamlessly, the program assistant should be extremely organized, capable of multitasking, and managing time well. Occasional travel is required to provide local and out-of-town program support. Occasional overnight, weekend, early morning, and late evening work may be required based on program schedules.
- Ability to interact comfortably and courteously with individuals in a diverse multicultural environment
- Experience developing work plans and working within project budget constraints
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills; must maintain thorough and accurate program files
- Ability to handle numerous projects and details simultaneously and accurately while prioritizing according to need and schedule
- Ability to use computer and data management software, analyze data, and compile/ present data for reports and presentations
- Strong work habits and the ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Bachelor's degree or comparable professional work experience
- Experience planning, organizing, and marketing events and educational activities (e.g. guest speakers, field trips, workshops, meetings, and receptions)
- Demonstrated professional project/ program management experience in an academic or industrial environment
Commensurate with experience up to a maximum of $18.00 per hour
October 7, 2022
Hybrid schedule is temporary and will be on-site once new office renovations are complete.
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Joaquina Weber-Shirkat firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.