Procurement Specialist- FIN
Kennesaw State University
Business and Financial Services
Procurement Specialist- FIN
Job ID: 249206
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Find your wings at KSU!
Are you ready to join a higher education community leading in innovative teaching and learning?
Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country and one of the largest in the state of Georgia offering more than 150 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees to its nearly 43,000 students. Our university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties, entrepreneurial spirit, and Division I athletics draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe.
We are growing and searching for talented people to join our mission!
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144.
Advises departments on purchasing policies and procedures and provides options for vendor sources. Prepares open market bids and issues purchase orders for existing contracts. Confers with University departments regarding requirements, specifications, and deliverables of products and services. Ensures compliance with the Board of Regents (BOR) and The University System of Georgia (USG) policy requirements and regulations.
1. Responsible for reviewing and analyzing purchase requisitions
2. Investigates and develops sources of supply
3. Evaluates requisitions and initiates bidding process within assigned product lines
4. Reviews contracts and quotes for appropriateness, timeliness and cost
5. Prepares and issues Request for Quotes and Sole Source/Sole Brand
6. Conducts market research and assists with the preparation of Requests for Proposals and/or Requests for Information under the guidance of department leader
7. Interprets purchasing policies and procedures to departments and vendors
8. Analyzes bids, quotes, and proposals for adherence to specifications and recommends contract awards
9. Prepares contract amendments for public notices, contract assessments and renewal documents and written materials
10. Assists with monitoring vendor and supplier performance for compliance with contract requirements
11. Maintains manual and electronic documents, files, and records
12. Performs purchase order close-out and expedites open and/or blanket purchase orders
13. Assists in resolving billing issues associated with open purchase orders and coordinates resolution of purchase order payment issues with Accounts Payable
14. Verifies item descriptions and amounts in bids and contracts
15. Monitors customer satisfaction of goods and services received for purpose of resolving outstanding issues and improving quality of services
Associate degree from an accredited institution of higher education in related field or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience
Two (2) years of related work experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications
GCPA certification from the State of Georgia Department of Administrative preferred
Preferred Educational Qualifications
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field
Previous experience in supply chain, materials management and/or purchasing preferred
The Budgeted Salary range is $41,877 to $59, 825. Offers are based on relevant experience.
Generous benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 13 paid holidays, vacation, generous retirement plans, tuition waiver, wellness options, and much more.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Able to sources and identify vendors
Able to respond to vendor/supplier inquiries and/or questions in a courteous and informative manner
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Knowledge of BOR/USG policy requirements and regulations
Strong financial and fiscal accountability
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e., Microsoft Office suite)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national, origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position has financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position requires a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position will not travel
- Credit Report
- Standard Enhanced + Education
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=249206&PostingSeq=1