Senior Instructional Designer- AAF
Kennesaw State University
Instructional Technology and Design
Job ID: 248224
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Find your wings at KSU!
Are you ready to join a community leading in innovative teaching and learning? Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. With our growing enrollment and global reach, we are enjoying increased prominence among Georgia's colleges. We offer more than 150 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees to over 43,000 students. Our entrepreneurial spirit, high-impact research, and Division I athletics also draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Our university's vibrant culture, diversity, career opportunities, and rich benefits make us an employer of choice. We are searching for talented people to join our mission. Come to KSU and find your passion.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144.
Responsible for developing of high-quality courses for online and hybrid environments. Works with faculty from multiple departments to provide instructional design support, consultation, needs-based training and guidance for best-practices, ADA compliance support, and quality assurance. Provides instructional design support and guidance to subject matter experts in the creation of course content. Responsibilities may be divided between a designated college and the University. Collaborates with the department team to recommend instructional design and development decisions based on a diverse learning data set including student performance, formative and summative assessment results and data from analytics embedded within digital learning environments.
1. Coordinates with faculty to develop online courses that meet the standards for quality assurance as determined by the college and the digital learning team
2. Manages instructional projects including producing materials, websites, video, graphics and interactive media elements using approved digital media editing systems
3. Coordinating with digital learning staff and identifies instructional experts within the college to develop appropriate and timely training and professional development opportunities for faculty
4. Plans, directs, implements and evaluates courses delivered online
5. Researches and recommends educational best practices, instructional resources, instructional technologies and multimedia hardware/software to support teaching and learning addressing copyright concerns and ADA compliance issues
6. Develop and deliver a train-the-trainer program to familiarize Instructional Designers and other relevant personnel on web accessibility issues
7. Employs educational data collection techniques as needed (classroom observations, SGIDs, mid-term evaluation)
Master's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in Instructional Design, Technical Communications or Educational related field
Five (5) years of related experience in a teaching and learning or technology center, or corporate training
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Experience training faculty in the areas of academic web accessibility and technology enhanced instruction
Experience testing technology enhanced learning environments for accessibility issues
Previous work experience in higher education and technology enhanced teaching and learning knowledge systems, preferably with Desire2Learn Brightspace
Experience developing online courses in higher education
Experience with graphic design and video production
Accessibility professional certifications (i.e. CPACC or WAS)
Quality Matters Applying the Rubric Certification (APPQMR), or equivalent i.e. OSCQR
The budgeted salary range is $56,120 tp $80,172.
Offers are based on relevant experience. Generous benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 13 paid holidays, vacation, generous retirement plans, tuition waiver, wellness options, and much more.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Able to stay current with the latest industry tools and trends in digital education
Able to collaborate with individuals from a variety of backgrounds
Able to deal with multiple tasks or projects at one time
Awareness of learning theories
Awareness of universal design and other accessibility considerations in online environments
Experience with Learning Management systems (e.g., Desire2Learn)
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, technology, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone etiquette
- Standard Enhanced + Education
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=248224&PostingSeq=1