Sports Production Manager, Mane Media Productions
Job Title: Sports Production Manager, Mane Media Productions
Division: Academic Affairs
Evaluation Group: Staff
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Department Head of Arts, Production, and Design
Positions Supervised: Student Employees
The sports production manager is responsible for field producing and supervising the production of NCAA DI sports telecasts, including interpreting production requirements and establishing relevant policy, as well as other scheduled productions as assigned.
Essential Job Functions and Performance Indicators
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and level of responsibility that will be required of positions given this title. This job description shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Job Responsibilities and Execution
- Assembles and strikes production equipment (control room, studio, and remote video/audio setups)
- Manages student production crews consisting of director, technical director/switcher operator, camera shader, audio engineer/board operator, replay/video operator, CG operator, field producer, camera operator (x4), cable puller, booth producer, and on-air talent
- Oversees post-production and/or actively produces post-game elements and other “walk away” recordings of supervised productions
- Monitors Mane Media Productions system, maintains equipment, and ensures proper use by staff
- Attends annual Ohio Valley Conference training to remain current with broadcast specs
- Manages Ohio Valley Conference production specifications and establishes policies and procedures for meeting those specifications within Mane Media Productions
- Establishes sports broadcasting schedule in collaboration with relevant Mane Media Productions and Lindenwood Athletics stakeholders
- Supports the mission of the University and serves as an ambassador of the Q2 culture of service excellence
- Models, supports, and holds others accountable to the University’s values – integrity, dedication, excellence, creativity, and teamwork
Communication, Teamwork, and Collaboration
- Mentors student employees in execution of assigned duties and/or performs their appointed tasks as necessary to ensure productions/broadcasts are in accordance with quality control benchmarks
- Performs basic troubleshooting procedures when technical errors occur and immediately informs and/or works with technical supervisor to correct issue or implement alternatives
- Coordinates and supports 50+ high school sports broadcasts for KCLC-FM, Lindenwood’s campus radio station
- Collaborates with local high school activity directors to compose a student broadcast schedule
- Works with Lindenwood Athletics coaches/personnel to leverage recruitment opportunities
Job may require other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications – An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered. Additional requirements may be designated by position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication or Television/Video/Media Production
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in professional video production
- Experience in managing/supervising multi-camera studio and field productions strongly preferred
- Management experience and proficiency in skilled project management strongly preferred
- Valid U.S. driver’s license
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities – May be representative, but not all inclusive, of the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform this job competently.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to think critically and solve problems independently
- Ability to be organized, detail focused, and work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to perform technical troubleshooting procedures
- Ability to drive Mane Media Productions grip truck
- Working knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects, Ross Video products (with a particular emphasis placed on XPression CG & Graphics Systems)
Work Environment – Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of this job’s functions.
- General office setting
- Availability to work multiple nights and weekends
- Indoor studio, control rooms, and adjoining theater spaces
- Outdoor camera positions and remote athletics facilities
Physical Abilities – The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform this job’s essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Ability to communicate with others through speaking, listening, reading, and writing
- Stamina to move equipment, assemble setups, and run cable as required
- Ability to stand or sit for extended time periods
- Ability to work on ladders, lifts, scaffolds, and/or elevated platforms
- Ability to lift at least 70 pounds
- Regular punctual attendance is a necessary and essential function