Grant and Contract Administrator II (Oro Valley, AZ)
Posting Number: req11739
Department: Vet Med Administration
Location: Outside of Tucson
Address: 1580 E Hanley Blvd, Oro Valley, AZ 85737 USA
Located in Oro Valley, AZ, the College of Veterinary Medicine (CVM) seeks a qualified and motivated Research Operations Coordinator to work with faculty, staff, and administration to develop pre-award research proposals and budgets, and to perform post-award administration as necessary. CVM aspires to be the international leader in human-animal interaction research. This position plays a critical role in achieving that goal.
Reporting to the Associate Dean for Research and part of the CVM Operations team, this position will be responsible for managing all pre-award submissions for the college. This includes working closely with faculty and the CVM business office to develop grant budgets, work with collaborating institutions on multi-organizational proposals, route the proposals through the UA system in a timely manner and develop best practices for grant and contract pre-award at the college level. They will provide training and support to faculty, staff, and college leadership on university, state, federal and sponsor policies and procedures as they apply to the grant proposal process.
The successful candidate should be an independent and proactive thinker who can effectively communicate financial or administrative information to the CVM community. They should view their role as supporting, facilitating, and enabling greater research productivity of the CVM faculty. The incumbent is expected to continue to seek professional development training to maximize their effectiveness.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with faculty to prepare and submit all proposal materials including, but not limited to, bio sketches, project budgets, current and pending support, conflict of interest/commitment, and other required documents.
- Submit requests as needed for grant/contract extensions or other administrative changes needed.
- Assist with ongoing grant reporting requirements and submissions (e.g. RPPR).
- Review pre-award documents to ensure accuracy and compliance with Federal, State, sponsor and University guidelines and policies.
- Develop, maintain, and communicate best practices and processes for the college related to pre-award activities.
- Provide training to faculty, staff, and administrators in partnership with central UA research offices.
- Assist faculty in seeking upcoming funding opportunities.
- Act as liaison with UA Research, Innovation, and Impact (RII) and provide policy and procedure interpretation and training to the CVM community.
- Work closely with CVM operations team (HR and Finance) to keep them updated of award status.
- Create reports as needed to track data related to grant activities.
- Continually seek areas for process improvement to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical information to audiences of varying understanding.
- Ability to work proactively and efficiently both independently and as part of a team.
- Strength with analytical tasks.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft Office
- Bachelor's degree OR equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in UAccess systems: Research, Financial, Employee and Analytics
- Experience with policies and requirements of various funding agencies (e.g. NIH, USDA)
- Experience working in a higher education environment
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Research
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $55,000 - $60,000
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Grant & Contract Admin
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Angie Brinson, firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.