Research Nurse (Part Time/Full Time)
Posting Number: req11722
Department: Family and Community Medicine
Location: UAHS - Tucson
Address: 1030 N. Alvernon Way, Tucson, AZ 85711 USA
Position HighlightsThe University of Arizona RISE Health & Wellness Center, known as "Camp Wellness", is a nationally recognized, award-winning wellness program, helping community members with serious mental illnesses, substance use disorders, and other mental health conditions to improve their health and wellness, and reach their recovery goals. .
The Camp Nurse will teach health education classes and skills training sessions, covering topics such as health education, nutrition, cooking skills, stress management, physical activity, etc., The Camp Nurse will provide basic first aid and maintaining organizational credentials, including meeting Community Service Agency requirements established by AHCCCS, AzAHP, and other regulatory bodies. The Camp Nurse will also participate in community outreach recruitment activities. .
The schedule is primarily weekday business hours, at the University of Arizona RISE Health & Wellness Center, with occasional weekend or evening hours (approximately 3-4 events per year).
Ability to drive according to the University Fleet Safety Policy.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
Provide person-centered, recovery-oriented services, working within protocols to maintain a clean, safe, and welcoming recovery-oriented environment, including:
- Teaching a variety of classes in accordance with the HWC curriculum, including but not limited to: Nutrition, Cooking Skills, Physical Activity, Stress Management, Mindfulness, etc.
- Providing 1:1 health education and skills training sessions.
- Performing biometric and psychosocial assessments such as height, weight, blood pressure, waist circumference, cardiovascular endurance, surveys, etc.
- Providing Basic First Aid and coordinating care with EMS during medical emergencies.
- Providing transportation in a High Occupancy Vehicle (15 passenger van) for community-integration activities such as field trips to gyms, parks, and grocery stores.
- Complete required documentation in compliance with CSA certification, AzCH, Banner, and AHCCCS requirements, such as progress notes, monthly summaries, assessments, incident reports, etc.
- Collaborate with team members, students, alumni, members of adult recovery teams, health facilities and community-based organizations for coordination of care, community integration activities, and continuous quality improvement.
- Maintain organizational Community Service Agency certification requirements, including staff and agency credentialing, fire codes, recertification through AHCCCS re-enrollment, monitor training requirements through Relias and Edge Learning, etc.
- Participate in outreach recruitment presentations and activities, including 1-2 Saturdays per year, and 3-4 evenings per year.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of recovery skills and practices related to supporting people with serious mental illnesses.
- Knowledge and skills related to stages of change and motivational interviewing.
- Ability to inspire people to make lifestyle changes, developing healthy habits and practices that help them achieve their personal goals.
- Ability to teach in large class settings and one-on-one.
- Ability to communicate effectively with different groups and individuals.
- Ability to help people feel welcome and comfortable in an adult learning environment.
- Ability to organize and maintain credentialing requirements for the agency.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Three (3) years of relevant work experience is required.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Arizona.
- Current TB clearance (within the past year) and up to date CPR & First Aid certification.
Full Time/Part Time: To be Determined
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 30-40
Job FTE: .75-1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Research
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $59,005-$65,000
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Pamela Wagner | firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.