Workforce Administration Assistant - The Shared Services Center
The Shared Services Center at West Virginia University is currently accepting applications for a Workforce Administration Assistant.
About the Opportunity
This position works in the Employee Data Management area of Workforce Administration and will focus on the accurate filing and retrieval of all hardcopy human resources documents that are contained in the employee files.
We strongly believe in work-life balance and keeping time for things we love outside our work. WVU offers generous benefits, including:
- 37.5-hour work week
- 13 paid holidays (staff holiday calendar)
- 15 annual leave (vacation) days per year
- 18 sick days per year
(for when you're ill, for when you need time to care for sick family, for your own, or your family's, regularly scheduled medical appointments. Who is family for the purpose of this leave? A lot of people in your life including immediate relatives and in-laws as well as others considered to be members of your household living under the same roof)
- WVU offers a range ofhealth insurance and other benefits(this position is a benefits-eligible non-classified staff position)
- 401(a) retirement savings with 6% employee contribution match, eligibility to continue health insurance, and other retiree perks. Looking formore retirement benefits information? Check out retirement health insurance benefits, retirement income, and FAQ's.
- Wellness programs
What You'll Do
- Organizeand files documents within the appropriate filing system for all regular and temporary, retired and terminated non-classified, faculty, FEAP and temporary employees at West Virginia University.
- Createin files for new employees using established procedures.
- Ensurefiles are organized and documents are filed in the appropriate location.
- Upon request and following established guidelines, retrieves files for review by authorized staff.
- Providecopies of information from files upon request by authorized staff.
- Demonstrateservice excellence and positive interpersonal relations when working with all other internal and external customers.
- Escalateissues, where required, through a formalized issue/inquiry escalation process within HR Services as well as to other business partners, where applicable.
- Process specified cases within Salesforce platform.
- Digital transfer of documentation.
PAY GRADE: 8
- High School degree or G.E.D. and one year of administrative experience. Previous experience in a human resources office is preferred.
- A minimum of one year of administrative experience, preferably in a position in a human resources office. Demonstrated experience in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Access) is preferred.
- Attention to detail and accuracy with information.
- Ability to maintain confidential files in an accurate manner.
- Ability to enter data into a computer database.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- High degree of integrity and reliability.
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft office products, such as Excel, Word, Access.
- Demonstrated experience in providing exceptional level of customer service, to all levels of the organization.
At West Virginia University, we leverage our talents and resources to create a better future for our state and the world. As West Virginia's land-grant university, WVU has three campuses that touch each corner of the state. The WVU System includes 518 buildings on 15,880 acres, Extension Service offices in all 55 counties, ten experimental farms and four forests.
From the groundbreaking R1 research of our flagship campus in Morgantown to the career-oriented programs of WVU Potomac State in Keyser to the technology-intensive programs at WVU Tech in Beckley - the contributions of WVU employees directly impact the 1.8 million people of West Virginia every day, no matter their role or position.
Service, curiosity, respect, accountability, and appreciation are the core values that unite Mountaineers, inspiring one another to work tirelessly and support others as they seek to reach new heights. After all, when you're a Mountaineer, impossible is just another mountain to climb.
Creating an inclusive, engaged, and dynamic learning environment is core to WVU's academic mission. We welcome candidates who can contribute a range of ideas, approaches and experiences.
To learn more about West Virginia University, visit go.wvu.edu. View current career opportunities at careers.wvu.edu.
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.
Job Posting: Sep 14, 2022
Posting Classification: Classified
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Benefits Eligible: Yes