Social Media and Marketing Coordinator
The social media and marketing coordinator is responsible for assisting Student Life marketing and communication efforts through social media strategy, website management, creative design and other marketing and communications channels. This role includes collecting and interpreting web and social media analytics, preparing marketing strategies, and planning and organizing content creation. The coordinator works in collaboration with the office’s communication team to keep all Student Life audiences (prospective students, current students, alumni, faculty, and staff) involved and knowledgeable about people, programs, and events within the department.
Primary duties include:
- Provide support for design/marketing activities to the department. Duties include facilitating creation of videos, photography, advertising, and graphic design. Identify, create, and coordinate content/news/event coverage for the Department of Student Life’s various platforms.
- Serve as a creative writer to develop story lines and assist department in marketing programs and supporting the department’s mission. Assisting with writing and proofing internal and external communications, including a department newsletter, print/digital guides, and digital signage.
- Plan, schedule, publish and analyze content posted on Student Life’s social media and seek out opportunities for coverage throughout the department.
- Create and update Student Life web pages and forms in accordance with university website requirements. Manage Student Life sites on the university’s content management system.
- Maintain analytics to be used for assessment and communication planning.
- Hire, train, and supervise student employees serving in creative media roles (social media contributors, videographers, photographers).
Bachelor’s degree and 2 years’ experience related to the development and dissemination of informational material.
The preferred candidate will have experience in Adobe Creative Suite and proficiency in social media planning and strategy, content writing and web content management skills.