Vice President of Finance and Administration
Millersville University of Pennsylvania welcomes applications for a Vice President of Finance and Administration. Reporting to the president, the VPFA/CFO serves as a key visionary and innovative member of the presidential leadership team and will play a pivotal role in addressing multiple priorities, while cultivating, evaluating, and implementing innovative ideas and strategies that further the goals of the University's academic mission. The successful candidate will be a creative and collaborative leader who understands the complexities of operating within a unionized environment and a state higher education system, and the importance of supporting the campus needs within that context.
The VPFA/CFO oversees a broad portfolio of areas, including Accounting and Budget, Purchasing, Office of Student Accounts, Office of Visual and Performing Arts, Human Resources, Facilities Management, and the University Police Department. The VPFA/CFO serves as a role model of the University's EPPIIC values and supports division leaders in building a culture based on these priorities.
Located in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, Millersville University is one of the 14 public universities of Pennsylvania's State System of Higher Education. Our pillars of distinction include exceptionally strong student-faculty relationships, unique programs, a beautiful campus and vibrant location, and successful job placement for our students. Students' success, both inside and outside of the classroom, is our highest priority, and we provide numerous opportunities to facilitate their academic, personal, and social growth and development. At the University level, 70 baccalaureate programs are available for 6,250 undergraduate students. We have over 950 graduate students enrolled in 21 master's and three doctoral programs. Our faculty are highly respected in their fields and dedicated to the success of students in the classroom, in research labs, and in campus life. Additionally, over 66,000 Millersville University alumni live in all 50 states and in 72 countries around the world. We seek individuals who embrace and value our EPPIIC values of exploration, public mission, professionalism, inclusion, integrity, and compassion.
- Master's degree in an appropriate field or an MBA.
- Eight years of progressively responsible administrative experience, including achievement in policy formulation.
- Five years of experience in an executive-level position with direct responsibility for the successful management of finance/budget and experience in physical plant/construction operations.
- Knowledge of higher education finance and budgeting principles and some exposure to fundraising/friendraising and sponsored research funding a plus.
- Experience with management theories and practices used in industry and higher education, and some experience in a collective bargaining environment and managing multiple complex budgets.
- Knowledge of the human resources field, including supervision, and a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in all aspects of the work.
- Knowledge of physical plant management, planning and capital construction, and institutional master planning, including successful project management.
- Demonstrated record of successful leadership, including a commitment to transparency with team members and the campus as a whole.
- Ability to perceive problems and guide the problem-resolution process, manage change, and utilize analysis tools, encourage and bring about change within the division as well as the University, and to develop teamwork and collaborative processes.
- Excellent communications and negotiation skills that encourage the development and maintenance of collaborative relationships with other college constituencies, students and the broader community, and high ethical standards.
- Ability to function effectively in a team-oriented, collective bargaining environment of distributed leadership as a University and State System leader and to assume a University-wide perspective.
- Dedication to professional and public service and a commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and civility.
- Doctorate from an accredited institution.
- Eight years of progressively responsible administrative experience, including achievement in policy formulation in higher education.
To Apply: For complete position description and qualifications, and to apply, go to https://jobs.millersville.edu/postings/10029 and complete an application. All applications must be received by October 7, 2022.
VP of F&A Prospectus
Candidates should provide:
- A letter of interest stating how their experience and qualifications connect with the required/preferred characteristics and priorities expressed in the leadership profile.
- A curriculum vitae/resume.
- A statement of contribution to diversity, equity and inclusion
- The names and contact information of five professional references. References will not be contacted without prior authorization from the applicant.
At Millersville University we are committed to fostering a learning and working environment that promotes the intersectionality of diversity to foster a climate of inclusion. Employing our EPPIIC values and the principles of Inclusive Excellence, we hold that an inclusive community is a core value that is an essential part of the foundation for our learning and working environment. Millersville University is an equal opportunity employer and, in compliance with federal and state laws and university policy, is committed to providing equal educational and employment opportunities for all persons without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, disability, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Individuals from traditionally underrepresented populations are encouraged to apply.