Posting Number: req11196
Department: Research Innovation & Impact
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
The Arizona Initiative for Resilience and International Development (AIRID) at the University of Arizona team seeks a full-time Administrative Associate (Admin Support Assistant III) to support and coordinate the broader efforts under the banner of AIRID. The position sits within Research, Innovation & Impact (RII) and works closely with the Office of International Development (OID) and the Arizona Institutes for Resilience, International Programs (AIR-IP) among others coordinating and performing operational and administrative support. The Administrative Associate will take on other duties under AIRID as assigned. The desired candidate will be motivated to evolve along with the team and have a high degree of initiative and enthusiasm, a strong interest in addressing global challenges, and strong interpersonal, communications, and organizational skills. Flexible and detail-oriented problem-solvers who thrive in collaborative work environments will do well in this position.
The Arizona Initiative for Resilience and International Development (AIRID) is the institutional home for international development at the University of Arizona. It encompasses and coordinates the efforts of the Office of International Development, the Arizona Institutes for Resilience-International Programs, and the Humanitarian Assistance Technical Support Project under the Associate Vice President for Resilience and International Development, Greg Collins.
The central mission of AIRID is to establish the University of Arizona as a globally recognized thought and practice leader and the university partner of choice for resilience and international development. AIRID envisions a university deeply engaged in supporting and empowering communities and countries to become more resilient and to achieve their development goals. AIRID's strategy and work are guided by the principles of social justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion in creating a more equitable and inclusive society. With these principles at the fore, AIRID seeks to promote a culture of collaboration and partnership across the University of Arizona community and in engaging local actors across the globe.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please visit talent.arizona.edu.
Duties & Responsibilities
Duties & responsibilities:
- Maintaining and organizing the associate vice president's calendar.
- Coordinating and performing day to day operational and administrative support for AIRID activities.
- Coordinating travel arrangements and completing the required university policies processes.
- Assistance with promoting events and helping to increase visibility.
- Organizing VIP tours for visiting partners.
- Tracking systems for identifying funding opportunities to share with faculty under the Arizona Initiative for Resilience and International Development.
- Develop and edit communications content and other marketing materials.
- Assist with planning events in collaboration with AIR-IP.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to think strategically and synthesize wide-ranging ideas and information.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot independently.
- Ability to multi-task across an array of projects and activities involving different teams.
- Exceptional interpersonal, teamwork, and relationship-building skills.
- High level of competence in basic office software, and ability and willingness to learn new software and technologies, including project management software.
- Familiarity with the Arizona Institutes for Resilient Environments and Societies.
- Familiarity with the field of international development.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience required.
- Experience in communications strategy development.
- Experience working with people from a diversity of
positions of authority.
- Experience with project management software.
- Experience with University policies and procedures.
- Experience with use of social media for marketing or
- Experience working with people at all levels and from a
variety of departments.
- Experience with graphic design and/or design software.
developing content for websites or regular publications.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Organizational Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $20.19 - $23.97 DOE
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to title or department)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume, Cover Letter, and One Additional Document
Special Instructions to Applicant
Please be prepared to submit a writing sample with your applicant materials.
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.