Posting Number: req11080
Department: AHS BioCommunications
Location: UAHS - Tucson
Address: University of Arizona Health Sciences, Tucson, AZ USA
Position HighlightsBioCommunicatons at the University of Arizona Health Sciences (UAHS) is seeking a photographer to join its Medical and Event Photography team. This position will work independently, as well as within a team, to photograph subjects for projects where highly professional and impactful images are sought that showcase the culture and promote the mission of UAHS, its colleges and its centers. In this role, you will be a member of a fast-paced, creative team that is responsible for many aspects of photography services for UAHS. The selected candidate will work on multiple projects, including promotional, documentary and educational.
Ability to drive according to the University Fleet Safety Policy.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform photography using a variety of digital cameras and other photographic
equipment; determine camera setting, lighting requirements and other
specifications to ensure quality products. Main duties include, but aren't limited to: Headshots (studio and on location), group photos, events, and editoria/marketing imagery.
- Photograph participants at UAHS-related events, both formally and candidly, with
the ability to direct participants to capture group shots.
- Use photo editing software to adjust or improve image quality.
- Maintain an in depth understanding of photographic best practices and
- Maintain digital archive/backup of assigned projects; maintain files on client
- Consult with clients to determine their needs based on end use, budget and time.
- Operate a large format printer.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of techniques, principles and equipment of modern photography.
- Understanding of studio and natural lighting.
- Knowledge of computer operations and photo editing software.
- Ability to effectively communicate with others.
- Must be able to work independently but also work well in a team environment.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and projects
- 1 year of relevant work experience required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through experience required.
*Experience working in a fee-for-service environment.
*Experience working in a photo studio with varied lighting and
*Experience working with varied lighting sources in an external
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Communication and Marketing
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $20.50
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Communications & Marketing
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Denise Moynihan | email@example.com
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume, Cover Letter, and Two Additional Documents
Special Instructions to Applicant
1. Please provide a link to an online portfolio and/or upload a PDF file with three samples of work.
2. Please provide contact information for 3 professional references.
3. Please note that moving expenses cannot be funded for this position.
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.