(Remote) Application Administrator-ITS Operations-Information Technology Services
Information Technology Services (ITS) at West Virginia University is seeking applications for a Remote Application Administrator.
About the Opportunity:
This position is primarily responsible for entry level administration, maintenance, and support of the Ellucian Banner Application. It also monitors/managing multiple applications that interface with Banner, including but not limited to Ellucian Banner, Banner Document Management, Workflow, Argos, JAMS, R25, BlueSEI, CleanAddress. BlackBoard, STARREZ, CSGold, Common App, and Identity Management.
We strongly believe in work-life balance and keeping time for things we love outside our work. WVU offers generous benefits, including:
- 13 paid holidays (staff holiday calendar)
- 24 annual leave (vacation) days per year
- 18 sick days per year
- (For when you're ill, for when you need time to care for sick family, for your own, or your family's, regularly scheduled medical appointments. Who is family for the purpose of this leave? A lot of people in your life including immediate relatives and in-laws as well as others considered to be members of your household living under the same roof)
- WVU offers a range ofhealth insurance and other benefits(this position is a benefits-eligible non-classified staff position)
- 401(a) retirement savings with 6% employee contribution match, eligibility to continue health insurance, and other retiree perks. Looking formore retirement benefits information? Check out retirement health insurance benefits, retirement income, and FAQ's.
- Wellness programs.
What you'll do:
Reports to the Assistant Director for Banner Operations. This position is primarily responsible for entry level administration, maintenance, and support of the Ellucian Banner Application and monitoring/managing multiple interfaces to other applications including but not limited to Ellucian Banner, Banner Document Management, Workflow, Argos, JAMS, R25, BlueSEI, CleanAddress. BlackBoard, STARREZ, CSGold, Common App, and Identity Management.
- Support multiple data feeds to included monitoring daily status and troubleshooting/resolving data issues.
- Maintain Banner functional permissions (system security), to include annual reviews of accounts and permissions.
- Daily checking and verification of success completion of all scheduled jobs.
- Participate and gather the SSM-specific information for the quarterly/annual audits.
- Assist in the testing/verification and approval process of control and validation tables ensuring that current scrum management policies are followed.
- Coordinate with other units such as Unix Admins, DBAs, Developers, and Business Analysts to schedule upgrades and patches at both the application and operating system level.
- Assist with the resolution of duplicate IDs within the Student Information System and help coordinate with other departments and campuses personnel to correct data to resolve duplicate issues.
- Work with the Development unit when software is ready for final testing and migration intoproduction. Assist in the approval process completion, and code migration to production, ensuring current change management processes are followed and documented.
- Coordinate with various business units across the organization such as admissions, university registrar, and financial aid on operational jobs such as registration, fee assessment and disbursement, FAFSA and loan imports to ensure peek system performance.
- Assists with the coordination of both Development and Business Analysis units in emergency situations to correct issues.
- Communicates with and assists end user departments to process specific periodical tasks.
- Performs other necessary and appropriate duties as directed.
- A Bachelor's degree is required, preferably in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a related field.
- A minimum of two (2) years of:
- Application administration and support for complex enterprise systems, including access management and security administration
- Defining, documenting, and implementing procedures and business processes for administering and supporting complex enterprise systems
- Creating and maintaining documentation of standard operating procedures, application diagrams, interfaces, major processes, etc., which are necessarily to manage and support complex enterprise systems.
- Managing servers in a complex enterprise environment.
- Knowledge of database and operating system security
- Ability to perform detailed tasks working with established guidelines.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interact at with technical staff, managers, and end-users.
- Good communication skills in English. both oral and written.
- Ability to reason logically. analyze, and solve problems. Ability to define procedural problems, collect and evaluate data, draw valid conclusions, and project consequences of various alternative recommendations.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize as needed.
- Ability to take direction from peers if directed for the purpose. of a project.
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate in challenging situations.
- Ability to work as a member of a team of diverse skill levels and expertise from multiple areas.
- Knowledge of computer security issues, requirements, and trends. including an awareness of information security laws (such as HIP AA, FERPA).
- Strong communication skills in English, both oral and written.
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service.
- Good understanding of software systems administration.
- Experience and understanding of account security, preferably in an Oracle/UNIX environment.
- Proven ability to monitor and analyze results of computer processed jobs for hardware efficiency.
- Proven ability to interpret results of processes and thoroughly analyze data results determining successful or unsuccessful completion.
- Ability to perform detailed work accurately in a computerized environment while tracking requests, processes, parameters, and results.
- Proven ability to control and track change management fur software code and business functions.
- Ability to assure an adequate final testing environment for code and business functions, verifies final testing according to strict guidelines, analyzing the results, and assuring proper sign-off controls have been met before moving code and business functions to production.
- Ability to analyze data in a relational database environment determining efficient means to correct duplicate records coordinating actions across departments.
- Seated at computer or telephone - Daily.
At West Virginia University, we leverage our talents and resources to create a better future for our state and the world. As West Virginia's land-grant university, WVU has three campuses that touch each corner of the state. The WVU System includes 518 buildings on 15,880 acres, Extension Service offices in all 55 counties, ten experimental farms and four forests.
From the groundbreaking R1 research of our flagship campus in Morgantown to the career-oriented programs of WVU Potomac State in Keyser to the technology-intensive programs at WVU Tech in Beckley - the contributions of WVU employees directly impact the 1.8 million people of West Virginia every day, no matter their role or position.
Service, curiosity, respect, accountability, and appreciation are the core values that unite Mountaineers, inspiring one another to work tirelessly and support others as they seek to reach new heights. After all, when you're a Mountaineer, impossible is just another mountain to climb.
Creating an inclusive, engaged, and dynamic learning environment is core to WVU's academic mission. We welcome candidates who can contribute a range of ideas, approaches and experiences.
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.
Job Posting: Aug 2, 2022
Posting Classification: Non-Classified
Exemption Status: Exempt
Benefits Eligible: Yes