EMS Academy Lecturer in Emergency Medicine (req21154)
Employment Type: Faculty
Emerg Med EMS Academy (558G)
School of Medicine
The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for more information.
The University of New Mexico, EMS Academy is seeking full-time faculty to join our diverse and talented group of Emergency Medical Services Faculty. This position will serve as a primary faculty member with the EMS Academy, teaching primarily at the EMS Academy in Albuquerque at all levels of licensure. This faculty position will be responsible for the primary instruction and coordination of EMS courses, including student evaluation and special components of EMS training.
The faculty position requires an ability to facilitate and manage multiple priorities, effectively analyze a range of educational situations, and make sound decisions using effective time management skills. This position maintains a climate of open communication, collegiality, and teamwork within the paramedic program. The faculty ensures the availability of our unique learning opportunities for students, and is the first line of support for students. These individuals have a responsibility for teaching, curriculum development, course scheduling, student learning outcomes assessment, professional development, institutional service, and community relations.
In addition to the EMS Academy our Department of Emergency Medicine has 85+ full-time and part-time attending physicians, and is also home to an outstanding EM Residency, EMS Fellowship, International Mountain Medicine Center and Center for Disaster Medicine. The University is located in the beautiful mountain west at the intersection of unique and diverse cultures. Our region offers outstanding recreational opportunities year round and is home to world class skiing, hiking, biking, climbing, arts, and cuisine.Qualifications
- Have a minimum of a Bachelor's degree
- Be a current Nationally Registered Paramedic
- Be a fully licensed New Mexico Paramedic
- Have a minimum of three years of field experience in the delivery of out-of-hospital emergency care (911 response) and transport within an EMS system
- Ability to demonstrate current knowledge of the National EMS Scope of Practice, National EMS Education Standards and evidence informed clinical practice
- Possess a NM Instructor Coordinator Certification
- Have demonstrated experience in a highly productive higher education setting
- Demonstrated open communication, team building and advocacy
- Have two years of current EMS education experience teaching in initial licensure programs
Only applications submitted through
the official UNMJobs site will be accepted. If you are viewing this job
advertisement on a 3rd party site, please
visit UNMJobs to submit an application.
A complete application includes an updated CV and cover letter. For additional information, please contact Lindsay Eakes at (505) 272-5757; email@example.com .For Best Consideration
For best consideration, please apply by 8/18/2022. This position will remain open until filled.