Assistant/Associate Professor of Nursing
Position: Assistant/Associate Professor of Nursing
Campus: Manchester University Fort Wayne Campus
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
We are looking for creative, entrepreneurial faculty to join the Manchester University baccalaureate nursing program. You will work in collaboration with our hospital clinical partner to develop a futuristic nursing program that addresses the critical nursing needs of Indiana—with a balance between both rural and urban health. This position will play a major role in the direction of baccalaureate nursing at Manchester University.
Nursing faculty report to the Director of the Baccalaureate Nursing Program.
Essential Job Functions:
Responsible to develop and teach curricula in the baccalaureate nursing program at Manchester University.
These responsibilities include:
- Teaching across the curriculum (may include summers) in the baccalaureate nursing program
- Embracing active learning methods to facilitate lectures and group discussions
- Finding ways to incorporate AR/VR, if appropriate
- Participating in curriculum development and implementation on both our Fort Wayne and North Manchester campuses
- Building new partnerships with hospital and community leaders
- Developing individual course syllabi
- Advising 6 – 10 nursing students; holding posted office hours
- Taking part in professional development opportunities
- Contributing to a collaborative departmental culture that promotes teamwork, a highly engaged faculty, and a positive esprit de corps.
- Developing a culture of student success throughout the program, culminating in graduates confident as they prepare to take the NCLEX.
- Participating in faculty governance, including attending meetings – full faculty, division, department, and committee
- Adhering to the policies and procedures outlined in the faculty handbook
- Must demonstrate a commitment to fostering an environment of diversity and inclusion among students, faculty, and staff.
- Master’s degree in Nursing (MSN) required; Ph.D. or DNP in Nursing (preferred)
- Registered Nurse (RN) with an active Indiana nursing license, or eligibility for licensure as an RN in Indiana
- Experience in clinical nursing
- Minimum of two years of teaching experience at the nursing baccalaureate level (preferred)
- A commitment to interdisciplinary education in health sciences
- Strong communication skills
General Information: Manchester University is an independent, liberal arts university with a campus in North Manchester, Ind., where approximately 1,300 students choose from at least 60 areas of undergraduate study, master's programs, and 21 NCAA Division III varsity sports. Our second campus in Fort Wayne is home to growing health science programs, including athletic training, nursing, nutrition and nutrigenomics, pharmacy, pharmacogenomics, and physical therapy.
Manchester has a distinctive commitment to developing respect for ethnic, cultural, and religious pluralism and international consciousness. Manchester University respects the infinite worth of every individual and graduates persons of ability and conviction who draw upon their education and faith to lead principled, productive, and compassionate lives that improve the human condition. As an institution rooted in the tradition of the Church of the Brethren, Manchester University values learning, faith, service, integrity, diversity, and community.
Work Schedule: Full-time, 12-month, non-tenure-track faculty position
To Apply: We seek a candidate with a commitment to working effectively with students, faculty, and staff from diverse backgrounds. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Apply online via ADP and submit a cover letter, curriculum vita/resume, teaching philosophy, and evidence of effective teaching. Questions can be emailed to HR@manchester.edu.