Senior Financial Aid Outreach Advisor
OU COVID-19 VACCINATION POLICYCOVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all Oakland University students, faculty and staff
- Provide financial aid educational services to populations identified through the Office of Financial Aid and other University
- Departments for the purpose of increasing enrollment.
- Offer public service financial aid presentations and information sessions to high schools, community colleges, members of the community, and civic organizations to build an awareness of financial procedures and resources for higher education.
- Build strong relationships within communities.
- Counsel and advise students and parents on financial implications.
- Assist student to make responsible financial decisions.
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Minimum of five years experience in higher education financial aid advising and processing.
- Superior presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work extended hours.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others.
- Ability to travel throughout the year.
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver's license and a driving record acceptable to the university and the university's insurance carrier.