Manager, Marketing and Communications (Washington, DC)
Posting Number: req11046
Department: DC Ctr Outrch & Collaboration
Location: Washington, DC
Address: Washington, DC USA
The Manager, Marketing and Communications will be responsible for all communications, public relations, marketing, social media, and website communications for the office and university events within the conference center. The individual will have the opportunity to influence the strategic imperatives and organizational efforts to fulfill the vision for the Washington, D.C. Office. The individual will possess a combination of creativity and business savvy, will thrive in a fast-paced environment orientated toward growth and innovation, and will promote a culture of high performance, continuous improvement, and commitment to quality.
The annual salary for this position is $63,500 - $80,500, depending on experience. This position will also receive an 18% geographical stipend. For your convenience, we've included breakdown examples of what the geographical stipend amount would be based on salary.
- At a salary of $63,500, the 18% geographical stipend would equate to $11,430 for a total compensation of $74,930.
- At a salary of $80,500, the 18% geographical stipend would equate to $14,490 for a total compensation of $94,990.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocation services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders to develop, plan, and execute a wide variety of communication strategies to promote the Washington, D.C. Center for Outreach & Collaboration
- Develop, write, and edit communication material including, but not limited to, university-wide communications, event invitations and promotional materials, website content, social media posts, monthly newsletters, annual reports, marketing materials, and presentations
- Curate marketing and communications content on a variety of platforms including websites, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Salesforce, Qualtrics, and others
- Collaborate with marketing and communications professionals across campus to source content ideas and event topics to promote the University of Arizona in Washington, D.C.
- Develop and implement an integrated marketing plan to broaden awareness of the University of Arizona's academic and research prowess to advance a distinctive organizational brand in Washington, D.C.
- In collaboration with campus partners, identify, secure, and coordinate internal and external speaking engagements for faculty
- Partner with the Presidential events team to help secure media coverage when appropriate
- Elevate the University of Arizona's stature and positively position the Washington, D.C. Center for Outreach & Collaboration by serving as a familiar ambassador in the local community
- Responsible for the proper "look and feel" for the DC office to best tell the story of the university
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of social media tools and channels
- Exceptional writing skills including the ability to write grammatically correct, compelling, on-brand and platform appropriate posts, articles, and communications
- Strong creative skills, including ability to generate multiple advertising messages that can be tested to learn what is most effective
- Strong analytical skills with a mindset that embraces data
- Strong technical skills, including Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat and other office
- Impeccable attention to detail and organizational and communication skills
- Highly organized and proficient at managing multiple projects at a time
- Flexible and able to navigate ambiguity and succeed in a fast-paced environment
- Orientation as a team player who strives to understand and deliver excellent customer service to internal and external
stakeholders in a multidisciplinary environment
- Results-oriented, organized and resourceful in getting things done, meeting deadlines and anticipating needs
- Respect for diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Possesses political savvy and diplomatic acumen
- Excellent judgment, integrity and commitment to personal responsibility and accountability
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated experience with social media tools and channels to drive communications messages that deliver on organizational goals
- Prior experience in the Washington, DC Market
- Prior experience in a start-up environment
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Communication and Marketing
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $63,500 - $80,500 plus geographical stipend. See 'Position Highlights' above for more information.
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Communications & Marketing
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.