Assistant Professor of Marketing (F0065)
About Longwood University:
A comprehensive university with a strong liberal arts foundation, Longwood has a distinctive mission to develop citizen leaders who are prepared to make positive contributions to the common good of society. Founded in 1839, Longwood is the third-oldest public university in Virginia.
Longwood is part of the proud tradition of higher education in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Roughly one hour’s drive from Charlottesville, Lynchburg, and Richmond, Longwood is located in the historic two-college community of Farmville. Longwood currently has approximately 4,800 undergraduate and graduate students and 38,000 alumni. It maintains affiliations with the neighboring Robert Russa Moton Museum of civil rights history and the Longwood Center for Visual Arts, a nationally accredited university art museum. A member of the Big South Conference, Longwood competes at the NCAA Division I level.
The Department of Marketing and Management in the College of Business and Economics at Longwood University is seeking qualified applicants to fill a tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant Professor of Marketing (#F0065) beginning in August 2023. Candidates should have primary expertise in digital marketing, social media marketing, and market research. The ideal candidate will have the ability to teach a variety of subjects at the undergraduate level (BSBA) and graduate level (MBA). Applicants will be expected to contribute to excellence in education through teaching, scholarly publication in peer-reviewed outlets, and service to the college, university, and community.
The AACSB-accredited College of Business and Economics offers an undergraduate degree in Business Administration with concentrations in six disciplines, including Marketing, as well as a fully online MBA program. Responsibilities include teaching undergraduate and MBA courses in Marketing, serving on departmental committees, and performing duties assigned by the Chair of the Department and the Dean of the College of Business and Economics.
- Candidates should have primary expertise in digital marketing, social media marketing, and market research.
- Additional expertise in selling, new product development, and/or retail is desirable.
- An earned doctorate in Marketing or a related field from an AACSB-accredited program is required. Practical business experience is highly desirable.
- ABD applicants will be considered, if there is strong evidence that they will complete their degree requirements by August 2023.
- All applicants should have an established record of excellent teaching and research.
- Successful candidates should be able to contribute to the development of the undergraduate curriculum, as well as the online MBA program.
This position is a full-time, tenure-track instructional faculty position. Salary will be commensurate with credentials and experience. Commonwealth of Virginia benefits accompany this position. A successful criminal background investigation is required. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Longwood University will provide, if requested, reasonable accommodations to applicants in need of accommodations in order to provide access to the application and/or interview process. You are not required to note the presence of a disability on your application. If, however, you require accommodations in the application and/or interview process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 434-395-2074 or email@example.com.
Per CFR: Title 34, the Title IX Coordinator’s contact information can be located through this link http://www.longwood.edu/titleix/.
A diversified workforce is an important part of our strategic plan. EOE/AA
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled, position posted 8/3/22. To apply for this position, qualified applicants must complete the online information section and questions, and please attach (under Resume):
- Letter of interest summarizing your qualifications for this position
- Current curriculum vitae
- Unofficial graduate transcript
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- Philosophy that includes how the candidate serves diverse populations in the classroom
- Teaching evaluation summaries
- Three letters of recommendation/contact information from active faculty who are familiar with your teaching and research and can discuss your academic qualifications for this position