Undergraduate Med-Surg Faculty Position-Jefferson College of Nursing, Thomas Jefferson University
The Jefferson College of Nursing at Thomas Jefferson University is accepting applications for full-time employed faculty for the College of Nursing-Center City Campus Undergraduate program with experience in med-surg. The primary role of this position is to ensure academic integrity in areas of planning, implementation, and evaluation of the curriculum and learning experiences of students in classroom, laboratory/simulation, and clinical settings.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing required. Doctoral Degree preferred, must enroll in a doctoral program within one year of employment if do not already have a doctoral degree.
- Eligible/current for licensure to practice professional nursing in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Previous teaching experience preferred
- Knowledge and skills related to innovative teaching methodologies, curriculum development, evaluation, and supporting students in their journey to become advanced practice nurses or willingness to plan for acquisition of these skills
- Utilizes contemporary and innovative teaching methodologies in classroom, laboratory/simulation, and clinical settings
- Serves on College committee(s) as assigned
- Participates in College and University activities throughout the year
- Evidence of ongoing clinical competency
- Participates in professional activities related to area of clinical expertise
- Participates in scholarly activities, apart from personal academic pursuits
- Participates in recruitment activities of the College and University
- Interacts with co-workers, visitors, and other staff consistent with the core values of the Enterprise
Interested candidates should submit their application and CV online: http://hr.jefferson.edu/human-resources.html Job ID # 9268265
For any questions regarding submitting an on-line application/CV please send an email to FacultyRecruitment@jefferson.edu
Jefferson includes Thomas Jefferson University and Jefferson Health, a dynamic university and health system with broad reach across the Delaware Valley. Jefferson is the second largest employer in Philadelphia and the largest health system in Philadelphia based on total licensed beds.
Through the merger of Thomas Jefferson University and Philadelphia University in 2017, our University includes ten colleges and four schools. We are an NCAA Division II university and an R2 national doctoral university offering undergraduate and graduate-level programs that provide students with a forward-thinking education in architecture, business, design, engineering, fashion and textiles, health, medicine and social science.
Jefferson Health, the clinical arm of Thomas Jefferson University, has grown from a three-hospital academic health center in 2015, to an 18-hospital health system through mergers and combinations that include hospitals at Abington Health, Aria Health, Kennedy Health, Magee Rehabilitation and Einstein Healthcare Network. We have over 50 outpatient and urgent care centers; ten Magnet®-designated hospitals (recognized by the ANCC for nursing excellence); the NCI-designated Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center (one of only 70 in the country and one of only two in the region); and one of the largest faculty-based telehealth networks in the country. In 2021, Jefferson Health became the sole owner of HealthPartners Plan, a not-for-profit health maintenance organization in Southeastern Pennsylvania. We are the first health system regionally to create an aligned payer-provider partnership.
Jefferson’s mission, vision and values create an organization that attracts the best and the brightest students, faculty, staff, and healthcare professionals, as well as the most visionary leaders to drive exceptional results.
OUR MISSION: We improve lives.
OUR VISION: Reimagining health, education and discovery to create unparalleled value
OUR VALUES: Put People First, Be Bold & Think Differently and Do the Right Thing