Applications Development Operations Specialist II (Remote Work Available)
Posting Number: req11153
Department: Infra & Foundational Tech
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
The ServiceNow ITSM (IT Service Management) Applications Development Operations Specialist II delivers and maintains technology solutions that enhance research, learning, and operations. Provides expertise in technology strategy, policies, plans, architecture, deployment, and maintenance of the University's applications, systems, and hardware infrastructure for security and ongoing end user services. Plans and designs ITSM service management solutions, trains on ITSM usage and best practices, and serves as a liaison between business units and ITSM developers to enhance the ITSM platform, ServiceNow. Will be responsible for gathering data and performing analysis for ITSM applications will assist in gathering requirements for future applications. Will advise and support service managers to meet project goals and objectives.
The ITSM ServiceNow team is a team of 8 persons focused on providing and supporting the university with a service platform that improves efficiencies and better business practices. We have a strong team culture and trust amongst the team members that allows for higher levels of engagement. We have fun while we get the job done!
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Get to know us:
University Information Technology Services (UITS) has over 300 employees and an annual operating budget of approximately $77.6 million. It is the University's central IT unit and provides enterprise-level technologies and services that are broadly consumed, core to central administrative business operations, and tend to offer substantial economies of scale. Technology at the University of Arizona is essential to the mission of research, teaching, and learning and is the foundation to the academic and administrative operations of the campus. With a new future on the horizon, UITS has taken this unique moment to emerge with even more robust service capabilities than we offered before the pandemic. UITS works in collaboration with department and college IT units to enhance student experiences to connect, discover, and engage with the University, curricula, and beyond. UITS supports research for innovative solutions for global challenges and embraces the spirit of entrepreneurship and the values of diversity and inclusion.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with our system developers to ensure stakeholder requirements are developed, tested and promoted.
- Collaborate with end users to understand their experience and use of the platform.
- Articulate, design, and create visual representations.
- Manage key concepts and methodologies for problem solving, strategic thinking and planning development.
- Develop materials for use in presentations, training manuals, graphics, reports, and other materials to support user engagement and platform readiness.
- Develop documentation both technical and non-technical to meet the needs of varied audiences.
- Participate in strategic analysis and data gathering from internal and external clients and other sources.
- Provide expert level consulting, coordination, and facilitation of ITSM for large scale and complex deployments.
- Prepare reports, explaining and recommending alternative solutions to business problems.
- Coordinate extensive studies to evaluate the potential for automating existing or proposed work functions or processes and assesses the feasibility of creating or modifying computer programs to meet user requirements.
- Determine if current policies, practices and internal controls are adequate to meet management objectives and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Review, research and evaluates computer hardware and software to determine its usefulness and appropriateness as related to existing or proposed administrative systems and develops preliminary and detailed system design documents for in-house and vendor computer systems.
- Confer with vendors to resolve technical questions and problems and consults with and advises users in the selection and use of computing options.
- Interview employees at all levels to analyze processes and requirements. May design and develop surveys as needed.
- Participate with management in planning, directing and coordinating operational or procedural matters to meet project goals and objectives.
- Organize and manage project phases to ensure satisfactory and timely completion of deliverables.
- Collaborate with other teams to develop detailed work plans, schedules, estimates and status reports.
- Partner with business analysts, systems analysts and developers in requirements gathering and reviews.
- May serve as escalation point of contact for customer conflicts or workflow resolutions.
- Work collaboratively with project managers and business analysts to deliver ITSM to campus.
- Support team systems, tools, websites, and conduct back-office maintenance.
- Perform statistical analysis reporting as needed, to report to project managers, business analysts, and UITS leadership.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Knowledge of higher education administrative systems and related business principles.
- Knowledge of principles and techniques used in conducting management studies and in systems analysis.
- Knowledge of information systems design including computer applications.
- Skill in analyzing and developing effective solutions for organizational problems.
- Skill in planning, organizing and directing project team members to meet goals and objectives.
- Skill in facilitating meetings.
- Skill in developing and conducting presentationsof user-oriented training programs.
- Skill in conducting group and 1-on-1 interviews
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work individually and part of a team.
- Ability to work remote.
- Ability to work and communicate with users and managers at all levels of the organization.
- Bachelor's degree OR equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience
- Experience with collaborative tools such as Jira, Slack, Git, Confluence, and Zoom.
- Experience with ServiceNow (ITSM, CSM, and/or ITOM)
- Experience and Proficiency with one or more enterprise IT ticketing platform such as Cherwell, ServiceNow, Salesforce, Remedy, etc...
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Information Technology
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $59,005 - $80,542
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to title or department)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.