Open Rank of Anesthesiology (req20896)
Employment Type: Faculty
Anesthesiology Faculty (772B)
School of Medicine
The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for more information.
The Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine at the University of New Mexico in Albuquerque, New Mexico invites applications for a full-time Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Professor. The primary appointment would be in the Department of Anesthesiology & Critical Care Medicine, Chronic Pain Clinic. Specifically, the Department is recruiting a Clinician Scientist that will be 50% Clinical and Interventional Pain and 50% Research/Education. Incumbant will be a driver of biomedical research related to chronic pain. Track record should demonstrate extramural funded research, most often including federally sponsored. Such principal investigator support is a marker of recognized scholarship. Additionally, the selected candidate must demonstrate exemplary clinical skills and may have clinical leadership in areas related to research.
The University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center (UNM HSC) is a tertiary referral center and the only Level 1 Trauma Center and Primary Stroke Center for the state of New Mexico - an ethnically and medically diverse population.
The city of Albuquerque is rich in history and offers skiing, mountain biking, hiking, any much more. Albuquerque is the annual host city for the International Balloon Fiesta and enjoys 340 days of sunshine as well as four distinct seasons.Qualifications
- Must hold MD, PhD or equivalent degree
- Must have completed postdoctoral fellowship
- Demonstrated skill in research mentorship, as well as demonstrate excellent teaching skills in didactic seminars with clinical trainees and/or in their role as attending or clinical supervisor of individuals or small groups
- Demonstrated excellence in research, while concurrently being known for excellence as clinicians and teachers
- Advancing a field in significant or innovative directions, as evidenced by peer reviewed original research articles as first or senior author. Collaborative original research is also acceptable in addition to original research stemming directly from the investigator
- Demonstrate exemplary clinical skills and may have clinical leadership in areas related to research
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and student success, as well as working with broadly diverse communities.
Only applications submitted through the official UNMJobs site will be accepted. If you are viewing this job advertisement on a 3rd party site, please visit UNMJobs to submit an application.
Applicants should submit a CV and Cover Letter. The cover letter must address reasons for interest in the position and how experience meets the preferred qualifications for this position. All application materials should be submitted via UNMJobs. Please visit this website: https://unmjobs.unm.edu.
Please direct questions about the position to Dr. Sascha Alles, SAlles@salud.unm.edu, or Dr. Karin High, KHigh@salud.unm.edu.
For best consideration, please apply by 8/16/2022. This position will remain open until filled.