Seminole State College of Florida has been changing lives in Central Florida for over 50 years. We have been recognized by the Chronicle of Education as a “Great College to Work For” in 2018 and have achieved Gold status for two consecutive years by the Florida State Board of Education. Employees at Seminole State College advance their careers in a rewarding culturally diverse environment that cultivates the leaders of tomorrow with the skills they need today.We are currently seeking an experienced, motivated, innovative, leader to become our next Director of Procurement. The Director, Procurement is responsible for efficiently managing the College's procurement and logistical services, in compliance with all applicable Federal and state laws and rules. Facilitates and manages engaging vendors for construction, renovation, and remodeling projects. Supervises formal competitive solicitations. Supervises staff.
1. Bachelor's degree from a regionally or nationally accredited institution.
2. Five years of experience in purchasing/procurement function, such as buyer, specialist, or agent.
3. Three years of experience in educational or governmental purchasing/procurement.
1. Master's degree from a regionally or nationally accredited institution.
2. Three years of progressively responsible administrative and supervisory purchasing or procurement experience.
3. Two years of experience using a purchasing ERP system such as PeopleSoft, Ellucian, Jenzabar, or SAP.
4. Purchasing certification such as Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM), Certified Professional Purchasing Manager (CPPM) or Certified Public Purchasing Officer (CPPO).
Annual salary is $72,164 to $81,784 and may be commensurate with degree and experience exceeding the minimum required qualifications.
In addition to a competitive salary Seminole State College offers an attractive total rewards package including: a variety of health insurance plan options, fully paid dental and life insurance coverage; great work-life balance with a 37.5 hour work week, paid leave benefits including vacation and sick days; 9 annual paid holidays; paid leave during winter break & spring break and a four-day condensed workweek during the summer (may not be applicable to all departments); tuition reimbursement, and professional development opportunities. In addition, employees participate in the Florida Retirement System and have several retirement options. The College pays a percentage toward retirement, based on the employee's selected plan.To join our team, please apply online and remember to submit all required documents to ensure full consideration.