Administrative Support Assistant III
Posting Number: req11172
Department: Ecology & Evolutionary Biology
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
Position HighlightsThe Department of Ecology & Evolutionary Biology (EEB) invites applications for Administrative Support Assistant III. This position will provide guidance and assistance to faculty and staff, and support for departmental events and activities. The ideal candidate will exhibit professionalism, diplomacy, and a collaborative spirit. There is some unpredictability on the day-to-day in this role, so a flexible mindset and sense of humor will be advantageous.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work to resolve non-routine situations and interpret guidelines, procedures, policies, and practices within the scope of the position.
- Plan and coordinate departmental events originating from the DH office (i.e., seminars, retreats, receptions, etc.).
- Arrange travel and lodging for guest speakers and prospective faculty candidates. Assist with preparing itineraries and arranging meetings.
- Facilitate activities for the EEB community, such as health and wellness checks.
- Maintain unit listservs, phone contacts, directories, and mailboxes.
- Coordinate affiliations with visiting researchers and collaborators, including managing the Designated Campus Colleague appointment process.
- Provide new personnel with information on obtaining a netID, catcard, keys/door codes, etc.
- Initiate purchases, collect receipts, and reconcile PCard expenses. Prepare financial forms and paperwork, including expense and travel reimbursements, honorariums, etc.
- Sort incoming mail, receive packages, and contact recipient of their deliveries. Track and order supplies for Federal Express and other shipping companies as needed.
- Reserve rooms and equipment for meetings, lectures, and events.
- Assist with other administrative projects and tasks as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience required.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent education and experience.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.00
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Organizational Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $19.23 - $21.15 DOE
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Director of Academic & Support Services
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
Special Instructions to Applicant
Three professional references will be required from finalists later in hiring process.
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.