Specialist, Academic Records
Posting Number: req11060
Department: Office of the Registrar
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
As a member of the Office of the Registrar, Room & Course Scheduling team, the Academic Records Specialist will provide functional support for class and event scheduling. This team is primarily responsible for the creation of the Schedule of Classes and for scheduling the use of centrally scheduled classroom space for courses and ad hoc events. Room & Course Scheduling provides services for all faculty, staff and students and external constituents. The Office of the Registrar is responsible for the accuracy and integrity of the academic record. Serving all students, faculty, academic units, and student support functions; the Office is charged with the implementation of academic and student policies and their alignment to state and federal regulations and accreditation standards. The Office strives to be a leader and thought partner in creating efficient processes that are designed in a way that supports student success and service excellence.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Following established policy, process Schedule of Classes and Event forms in different software systems (Ad Astra and PeopleSoft/UAccess).
- Assist in processing event requests and invoicing for events.
- Run various reports to ensure the Schedule of Classes is accurate and make corrections as necessary.
- Assist in training academic departments in the creation of the Schedule of Classes.
- Communicate and work with department schedulers on corrections needed in the Schedule of Classes.
- Assist in creating and updating technical and non-technical documentation for internal and external purposes.
- Assist in interviewing and training student worker assistants on Room & Course Scheduling.
- Assist in scheduled classroom visits for support of our centrally scheduled rooms (this includes making sure the layout is properly configured, furniture issues addressed, cleanliness, heating & cooling, etc.).
- Assist with answering phones, email, and front desk for the office during business hours.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience required.
- Experience working with diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience with Microsoft Office products, especially Excel
- Experience with PeopleSoft or other student information system software.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Student Services
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $14.85
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Registration & Records
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.