Posting Number: req11182
Department: Speech Language & Hearing Sci
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
Position HighlightsThis position supports the business operations of Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences. The position is primarily responsible for: Assisting the Medical Billing Manager with the coordination of insurance benefits; Referral management; Maintaining the electronic medical records system; Checking in clients; Collecting and recording cash receipts; and interacting with faculty clinicians, students, patients, and their families, etc. in our dynamic and fast-paced training clinic.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Answer Clinic Phones (3 Incoming Lines) - includes scheduling new and existing audiology patients and speaking with new Speech clients from referrals regarding needs, scheduling, paperwork, etc.
- Checking In/Out patients - Duties includes scan paperwork, note, covid screen, permit, copy, status on schedule. Appointment prep follow up and surfing through schedule for missing items - referrals, paperwork, insurance, hearing aids, etc. Processing payments for in person and telehealth sessions. Assisting walk ins with questions and/or hearing aid drop offs.
- Updating spreadsheets, sending patient paperwork - To Be Scheduled Speech, self-pay tracking, managing electronic paperwork system, and PCP referral fax list.
- End of day closeout - credit card, cash, and check payments are verified in the patients' accounts.
- Email communications with admin action required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma and minimum 5 years relevant (i.e. clinical) work experience required.
- Experience with HIPPA regulations.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Organizational Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: DOE
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.