Associate Director, Adjunct Hiring & Faculty Health Clearance
Pace University is ranked the #1 private, four-year college in the nation for upward economic mobility by Harvard University’s Opportunity Insights, evidence of the transformative education the University provides. We are currently seeking an Associate Director for Adjunct Hiring and Faculty Health Clearance at our Pleasantville (Westchester County), NY campus.
Working closely with the Director of Undergraduate Clinical Placement (DUCP) you will manage the documentation and flow of information regarding the placement of students and hiring/assignment of clinical adjunct faculty, ensuring effective communication between all parties. Under the supervision of the DUCP you will also initiate contact with potential clinical agencies and follow up as directed while ensuring faculty meet the health clearance requirements of the clinical sites.Position Responsibilities:
- Recommend current adjunct faculty for clinical section assignment, and notify faculty course coordinators and program director of the need to hire additional adjunct faculty.
- Monitors the implementation of processes and procedures to assure all 150+ adjunct faculty are compliant with all LSN clinical placement requirements, and assists with the development and implementation of policies and procedures for background checks, health clearances, and medical clearances. When needed, coordinates the gathering of agency-specific documentation necessary for faculty placement into the clinical agencies.
- Takes direction from Director, Student Clinical Assignments, and works collaboratively with the Director of Undergraduate Clinical Placement, Director, Office of Academic Affairs & Students Support Services, Program Directors, and other OAA staff members.
- Cross-trained to support the functions of Coordinator(s) – Health Clearance Undergraduate/Graduate.
- Manages all aspects of adjunct hiring and clinical clearance process, this includes monitoring and implementing of processes and procedures to assure all faculty are compliant with all LSN clinical placement requirements.
- Update and maintain the Preceptor Perks program and complete the ANCC verification form for each staff nurse preceptor.
- Continually corresponds with adjuncts/ faculty to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Assists with the development and implementation of policies and procedures for background checks, health clearances, and medical clearances.
- Interacts positively with faculty providing information and troubleshooting problems.
- Advise faculty on how to navigate LSN and University academic and student support systems.
The ideal candidates will possess the following:
- A Master’s Degree in Nursing, an unencumbered NY registered nurse license, and a minimum of 3 years of practice as a registered nurse are preferred. A Masters Degree in another field with 5 years experience in an academic or clinical setting will be considered.
- Strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusiveness and actively promotes diversity. Strong interpersonal, communication, collaboration, and negotiation skills.
- Three years of experience related to compliance monitoring and/or experience in an administrative capacity in an academic setting.
- Effective professional interpersonal skills including excellent verbal communication skills.
- Organized, meticulous attention to detail, thorough, efficient, and manage time well.
- Can set priorities and meet expected deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively within an ethnic, cultural, and socially diverse student population; Discretion required in terms of student privacy and clinical clearance.
- The ability to function independently and as a member of the OAA team is expected.
- Proficient in computer applications, specifically, MS Office Suite, Experience with Classes, CastleBranch, and Banner is a plus.
- Existing relationships with healthcare agencies are a plus.
- Managerial experience in an educational or practice setting and a strong background in staff development or clinical faculty teaching is preferred.
Please apply at: https://careers.pace.edu/postings/22699
About Pace University
Ranked in the top 9% of private US colleges that provide the best return on tuition investment, Pace University transforms the lives of its diverse students—academically, professionally, and socioeconomically. Currently, the University enrolls more than 13,000 students in more than 150 bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral programs. Pace University is at the forefront of creating opportunity. Through the convergence of strong academics, experiential learning, and dedicated advising, Pace University empowers its students and positively impacts its communities.
Pace University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and people of all gender identities are encouraged to apply.
Annual Security Report Notice
Pace is committed to ensuring the safety and security of the students, faculty, staff and visitors to the University. In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University’s Safety and Security department publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. The report contains information on security policies as well as crime and fire statistics for the University.