Assistant Coach, Track and Field - ATH
Kennesaw State University
Athletics and Coaching
Job ID: 247274
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Find your wings at KSU!
Are you ready to join a higher education community leading in innovative teaching and learning?
Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country and one of the largest in the state of Georgia offering more than 150 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees to its nearly 43,000 students. Our university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties, entrepreneurial spirit, and Division I athletics draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe.
We are growing and searching for talented people to join our mission!
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144.
Responsible for assisting the Head Coach in the successful management and administration of all phases of a Varsity Intercollegiate Track & Field Program, within the guidelines, rules, and regulations of Kennesaw State University, the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), and the Atlantic Sun Conference (ASUN).
1. Recruit student-athletes who have exhibited high potential to perform according to Department, Conference, and NCAA standards
2. Promote the success of the student-athlete by identifying and recruiting only those studentathletes who are qualified to compete academically and athletically at the Division 1 level
3. Promote the academic progress of assigned student-athletes by functioning as a strong mentor and liaison with the department of Athletic Academic Services, champion academic progress, retention, and timely graduation of student-athletes
4. Assists the head coach by planning, critiquing, and implementing strategies designed to achieve success in a competitive sports program
5. Ensures program operations and integrity by assisting with daily operations and management; adhering to and enforcing all policies and procedures required by the KSU Athletics Department, Conference, and NCAA
6. Develops the student-athlete on the Division 1 level by using effective coaching techniques. to critique and improve the student athlete's skills and performance to compete for Conference Championships and post-season competitions
7. Collaborate with Athletic and University support units to ensure student-athlete health, safety, and well-being
8. Assists with fundraising for Track and Field program
9. Serves as spokesperson for the intercollegiate program and a Campus Security Authority as defined by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience
Other Required Qualifications
Current, valid, and unrestricted Georgia driver's license
One (1) year relevant experience coaching in a post-secondary level program, professional athlete, professional tour participant or professional coach in a related sports program
Additional Preferred Qualifications
USTFCCCA (US Track and Field and Cross Country Coaches Association) Certification
The budget for this position is $42,500.
Offers will be based on candidate experience and budget availability.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Able to establish and maintain professional working relationships with student-athletes, faculty, staff, administrators, alumni, and the public
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Thorough knowledge of NCAA, conference, State of Georgia and university policies, rules and regulations
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e., Microsoft Office suite)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national, origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
Yes, this position will be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 50% - 74% of the time
This position does not require security clearance.
- Position of Trust + Education & DMV
- 9 Panel Lab Drug Test
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=247274&PostingSeq=1