Systems Librarian, Librarian Assistant Professor, or Librarian Associate Professor
Kennesaw State University
Library and Information Science
Job ID: 247083
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
For more than 50 years, Kennesaw State University has been known for its entrepreneurial spirit and sense of community. A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State is located just north of Atlanta, and combines a suburban setting on two metro-Atlanta campuses in Kennesaw and Marietta. As one of Georgia's largest universities, Kennesaw State offers undergraduate and graduate degrees, including a growing number of doctoral programs. A member of the University System of Georgia, Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2) committed to becoming a world-class academic institution positioned to broaden its academic and research missions and expand its scope on a local, regional and national level. For more information, visit kennesaw.edu.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
The KSU Library System is committed to supporting and furthering Kennesaw State University's mission of being a powerful, diverse, student-centered, and research-driven university. The Library System carefully cultivates resources, services, and spaces that enhance teaching, learning, scholarship, and creative endeavors for our users. These efforts focus upon supporting student success--especially advancing undergraduate programs, supporting graduate programs, furthering research with relevance, and promoting lifelong learning.
The Department of Library Resources works across the libraries to support the University's strategic goals by acquiring and providing access to resources that enhance curricular, research, and scholarly needs. The Department manages the lifecycle of the Library System's scholarly collection from point of ordering to provision of access and all associated maintenance. The department is comprised of Collection Development Services, Systems and Online Services, and Technical Services. The Department of Library Resources is responsible for following state/ university procurement guidelines. The Department is responsible for ensuring that the Library System's materials budget is expended efficiently and appropriately each fiscal year. Licensing of databases, eBooks, journals, and other scholarly materials is managed within the department with faculty/staff ensuring adherence to all legal requirements of the State of Georgia and the University System.
Kennesaw State University is now accepting applications for a Systems Librarian and open rank, twelve-month, non-tenure-track Librarian of Library Science faculty position in the Department of Library Resources beginning November 2022. Rank is determined at the time of hiring and will be commensurate with experience.
Librarianship (85 %)
- Serve as the technical lead for the Library Service Platform (Alma/Primo VE) to include configurations, troubleshooting, maintaining, training, analytics, and documentation.
- Collaborate with GIL Consortium to support KSU Library System's Library Services Platform (Alma/Primo VE).
- Update, maintain, and troubleshoot other library applications for KSU library system.
- Serve as a faculty liaison. Perform subject-specific professional work including faculty outreach and collection development.
- Provide research assistance and information literacy instruction (in person, via chat, or other communication modes) to students and other members of the KSU community as needed.
- Provide backup support for other Systems and Online Services unit members
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Engage in KSU Library System service, Kennesaw State University service, and/or service to the library profession.
- Participate in scholarship, research, and/or creative activity. Contribute to the development of the library profession and/or subject-specific discipline through scholarship, presentations, and publications.
- An earned Master's Degree, or the foreign equivalent, in Library Science or a related field, from an American Library Associated accredited program is required.
- One year of experience, or coursework, with integrated library platforms, preferably Ex Libris' Alma / Primo.
- One year of experience, or coursework, with library-related systems technologies, including working with vendor support for third-party systems (e.g. ILLiad, Ares, OCLC, Namtuk, and LIBstick).
- Certification as an Alma Administrator
- One year of experience, or coursework, in using database systems such as MySQL and the use of Structured Query Language (SQL).
- One year of experience, or coursework, in project management, including planning, communication, and assessment.
- One or more examples of professional service activities.
- One or more examples of publications and/or conference presentations.
- One year of experience working in an academic library.
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial academic transcripts (official transcripts due upon hire)
- List of names and contact information for three references
- 1-2 page Statement of Librarianship Philosophy (upload as the teaching philosophy)
Apply Before Date
For full consideration, please apply by September 1, 2022. This position is open until filled.
For questions about this faculty opening, please contact Chris Sharpe, Interim Department Chair of Library Resources, email@example.com, 470-578-6190.
For more information or questions about a faculty job posting, please contact Academic Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org. For technical support, please call OneUSG Connect Support at 877-251-2644, or by email at email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007.
Participant ID: 61415
Per the University System of Georgia background check policy, all final candidates will be required to consent to a criminal background investigation. Final candidates may be asked to disclose criminal record history during the initial screening process and prior to a conditional offer of employment. Applicants for positions of trust with screening results which confirm a disqualifying criminal history will be immediately disqualified from employment eligibility.
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=247083&PostingSeq=1