Director, Academic Services
The Director of Academic Services manages a team of advisors supporting students in the MBA programs at Chicago Booth, overseeing academic advising and resources supporting student academic success.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees academic advising for students in the Full-Time MBA, Evening MBA, and Weekend MBA programs.
- Manages curricular resources for students, including but not limited to pre MBA course work Course Search, Booth Books and pre-matriculation advising videos.
- Provides feedback on the curriculum and courses to the deans’ office, the associate dean of faculty and academic services, and the senior faculty.
- Delivers academic programming for Orientation+, Launch, and at other times throughout the year.
- Oversees application of accommodations for students with ADA directives.
- Facilitates exam proctoring.
- Manages advisors who handle discipline cases and student problems and crises. Recommends effective advising strategies for these students.
- Recommends variations in policies regarding academic standings.
- Performs other related work as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- MBA or Master’s degree in academically-related field.
- Minimum five years of progressively responsible experience in higher education administration, especially academic advising.
- Deep understanding of MBA curriculum.
- Proven outstanding interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Excellent listening, written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Exercise mature judgment.
- Willingness to work on a somewhat unpredictable schedule, with evening and weekend hours.
- This position is currently expected to work a minimum three days per week in the office.
- Resume/CV (required)
- Cover Letter (required)