Development - Systems Management, Lincoln Center
Fordham University has an excellent reputation as a dynamic institution located in New York City. Founded in 1841, Fordham enrolls more than 16,000 undergraduate and graduate students in its 9 Colleges and Schools.
- Fordham University offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to its employees, which includes medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance.
- We offer tuition remission for employees and their dependents
- A generous immediate employer match towards a 403(b) retirement plan.
- As a tax-exempt organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code (IRC), Fordham is considered a qualifying employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program, a federal program designed to forgive student loan debt for employees of certain public and certain nonprofit employers.
- As part of its work-life balance program, the University provides generous PTO including 15 vacation days, 12 sick days, 2 personal days, 6 summer Fridays, and holidays that include paid time off between Christmas and New year.
- University employees have access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP). EAP provides no-cost, professional, and confidential services, to help employees and family members address a variety of personal, family, life, and work-related issues.
The Development and University Relations (DAUR) at Fordham is comprised of many talented and high performing individuals who work across a range of functions from our leadership, to fundraising, marketing and communications, analytics, alumni relations, athletics, special events, stewardship, gifts processing, and WFUV. The division serves the entire University in a variety of different capacities. We are a team of 141 full-time employees.
The Research Associate position reports to the Sr. Executive Director of Development Research & Prospect Management.
- Compiles and analyzes detail biographical and other publicly available information on individuals and organizations to determine prospects’ relationships with the University, interests, and giving capacity.
- Prepares/updates written profiles on potential individual, corporate and foundation prospects for major gift officers, the President of the University and the Vice President for University Relations.
- Manages and reviews daily periodicals, lists alerts and other resources or prospecting resources
- Proactively prospects for new donors and determines their giving capacity
- Updates prospect database accordingly.
- Prepares specialized research for event and campaign purposes.
- Assists in training of new research staff as well as assists in the management and training of student interns
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Minimum one year of experience in prospect research or related area
- Knowledge of PC , MS Word, Excel, Lexis-Nexis, WealthEngine, Intelligize
- Familiarity and facility with standard prospect research tools: business directories, on-line databases, and Internet resources and programs
- Sense of initiative and inquisitiveness
- Strategic and a creative thinker with excellent prioritization and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work independently and collaborate effectively with different audiences, including researchers, fundraisers and senior-level administration
- Ability to effectively synthesize information from a variety of sources into an organized format
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Possess excellent writing skills and thorough research skills
- Reliable and flexible and able to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to handle confidential material in a discreet and ethical manner
- Successful candidates should have a knowledge of and commitment to the goals of Jesuit Education.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience in complex nonprofit environment and an understanding of fundraising and nonprofits.
- Understanding of the Association of Professional Researchers for Advancement (APRA) skill sets.
- Knowledge of Guidstar, FC Search and other on-line research databases.
- Knowledge of Ellucian Advancement CRM or a fundraising CRM.
FLSA CATEGORY: Exempt
START DATE: ASAP
APPLY HERE: https://careers.fordham.edu/postings/3266
Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York, offering an exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit tradition to more than 16,000 students in its 9 colleges and schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, N.Y., the Louis Calder Center Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y., and the London Centre in the United Kingdom.
Fordham University is committed to excellence through diversity and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds.
Fordham is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories