Posting Number: req11148
Department: Administration and Athletics
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
Position HighlightsThe University of Arizona is seeking a fulltime photographer to assist with photography services for 21 sport programs and the athletic department endeavors.
The University's strength in undergraduate education and scientific research is paralleled by its excellence on the playing fields, courts, and other venues of its 21 sport Intercollegiate Athletic Program. The Arizona Wildcats compete in the tradition-rich Pac-12 Conference, "The Conference of Champions." For a more comprehensive view of what makes working in our department unique, please visit the websites at: www.arizonawildcats.com.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists Director of Photography with on-location sports action & feature photography at athletic events; determines camera equipment needs and settings, lighting requirements, and other specifications to ensure quality photography.
- Photographs and assists with studio-style asset shoots using professional lighting for team marketing/media days and other department requests.
- Culls and edits images for both in-game transmit and post-game filing with PhotoShelter archive. Applies strict adherence to metadata/IPTC protocols.
- Assists with archiving older images for future use/reference.
- Assists with inventorying various photographic supplies, assists with ordering supplies according to departmental policies and/or budget constraints.
- Consults with Director of Photography to determine department needs based on end use, budget and time.
- Travels in-state and out-of-state occasionally for events and game coverage.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Proficient with techniques, principles, and equipment of digital photography and studio lighting.
- Knowledge of basic computer operations and software, preferably on Mac platforms.
- Experience using PhotoMechanic and Adobe Lightroom/Photoshop.
- Experience using PhotoShelter/Libris/INFLCR a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task with frequent interruptions.
- Dedication and motivation to initiate, lead, and support value-added projects.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Knowledge of position related NCAA, Pac-12, and University of Arizona rules and compliance.
- Self-motivated, results-oriented, and has a positive demeanor.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, including the ability to plan, establish priorities, and successfully manage multiple priority projects.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive interpersonal relations.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all organizational levels, and project a positive, professional attitude.
- Bachelor's Degree in Photography, Photojournalism, or related field.
- One year of experience at the NCAA or professional sport level.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends.
- Two years of experience at the NCAA or professional sport level.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40 + nights and weekends
Job FTE: 1.00
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Communication and Marketing
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: DOE
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Communications & Marketing
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume, Cover Letter, and One Additional Document
Special Instructions to Applicant
Please submit Resume, Cover Letter, and the answers to the following questions as the Additional Document. Thank You.
1. Describe your knowledge of NCAA and Pac-12 Conference rules and regulations relating to academics, satisfactory progress, and eligibility.
2. Please list below any experience you have had since 2015 with high school or college student-athletes. This includes working or volunteering in any capacity with a high school, AAU, sports club, junior college or 4-year institution student-athlete, athletics team or department.
3. Applicants for this position are subject to the following NCAA Bylaws 11.4.2, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 11.4.3, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 11.4.4, 184.108.40.206, and 220.127.116.11. You may be asked about these Bylaws in an interview, and you may be asked to sign a future affirmation confirming the same prior to or upon your employment by The University of Arizona, if you are selected for employment. Do you understand that by submitting your application for employment you are affirming that you have read these Bylaws, and that such Bylaws would not preclude your employment by The University of Arizona?
4. Are you the parent, coach, relative or guardian of a prospective student-athlete (i.e., student in 9-12 grade or 7-12 grade for men's basketball or junior college student) in the sport of men's basketball, women's basketball or football or have any other type of association with any prospective student-athlete in the sports of men's basketball, women's basketball or football? If yes, please explain.
5. Is your potential employment within the athletic department conditioned upon the enrollment of any prospective student-athlete (i.e., student in 9-12 grade, 7-12 grade for men's basketball or junior college) in the sport of men's basketball, women's basketball or football? If Yes, please explain.
6. Do you understand that failure to disclose any information related to your affiliation with a prospective student-athlete (student in 9-12 grade, 7-12 grade for men's basketball or junior college) in the sports of football, men's basketball or women's basketball might render your application ineligible for consideration?
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.