Manager, Market Research
Posting Number: req11111
Department: Tech Launch Arizona
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
Position HighlightsTech Launch Arizona (TLA) at the University of Arizona is in search of a Market Research Manager (Tech Transfer Pro I). TLA creates social and economic impact through bringing UArizona inventions from the lab to the world. We build connections between the talents of our faculty and researchers and the experience of entrepreneurs and investors. We cultivate these conversations, fostering ideas that start in the lab, and grow them into new products and thriving businesses that benefit society.
The Market Research Manager will work with TLA team members to define, articulate, develop, and respond to various business intelligence needs of early-stage technologies, making market strategy recommendations based on conclusions of research and understanding of the commercialization environment. This position will be responsible for the implementation of research standards and oversight of training and work quality of TLA student employees working on assessment projects. This position reports directly to TLA's Director of Licensing & IP.
The Market Research Manager primary responsibilities include:
* Manage, train, and oversee market research student employees.
* Oversee, update as needed, and maintain the program.
* Complete various levels of intellectual property (IP) patent landscape analysis and market analysis, as appropriate.
As a place to live and work, Tucson has been ranked in the top 20 among America's Best Cities in the 2021 annual report by Resonance Consultancy, and was the first UNESCO City of Gastronomy designated in the U.S., joining the worldwide network of UNESCO Creative Cities.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
Duties & responsibilities:
- Manage and oversee the training of student employees participating in executing assessments and market research functions.
- Respond to, coordinate, and execute market research requests, including both initial reviews and "deep dives" in a timely, concise, and effective manner. Coordinate research database subscriptions and access.
- Oversee UA Library partnership for market research resources.
- Identify new developments, resources, and trends in the area of market research, industry analysis, and information resources to enhance market research capabilities.
- Benchmark program with other similar university programs.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
Knowledge, skills, & abilities:
- Knowledge of market strategies.
- Knowledge of technology commercialization concepts.
- Effective communicator and ability to represent TLA in a range of professional settings.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Up to 1 year of relevant work experience.
- Federal regulations require that the incumbent be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident to be ITAR/EAR compliant.
- Experience conducting research in a professional setting.
- Experience with technology commercialization, entrepreneurship, or innovation management concepts.
- Master's degree in business, management, or related field.
- Professional experience in university technology commercialization.
- Project management experience.
- Business development leadership experience.
- Experience overseeing student employees.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: University Advancement
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: DOE
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.