Medical Education Program Professional I
Posting Number: req11118
Location: UAHS - Tucson
Address: 1501 N. Campbell Ave., Tucson, AZ 85724 USA
Position HighlightsThe Pediatrics Education office is hiring a Medical Education Program Professional I to assist with administrative coordination of the Departments' GME Programs. The position reports to the senior Program Manager and is responsible for the effective coordination of program processes like evaluation delivery and basic data analysis. The ideal incumbent will be a detailed, organized, and motivated team player willing to pick up new skills and contribute to team based efforts. The position offers administrative support to program leadership. This role is ideal for an individual willing to show initiative with excellent communication skills.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Evaluation delivery and evaluation data management and distribution.
- Administrative support for recruitment. File upload, build schedules in Thalamus software system, creating and distributing applicant review materials, schedule resident happy hours, communicate with applicants.
- Independently coordinate recruitment activities for residency program.
- Process post-training verifications, maintain accurate program records, and maintain administrative operations. Provide information requiring comprehensive knowledge of program accreditation requirements. Interprets departmental policies, procedures or operations.
- Monitor compliance of duty hours, conference attendance, and otherprogram tracking as needed. Implement and maintain program information in data bases and accreditation tracking systems.
- Process financial documents related to trainee and leadership expenses in line with UA Accounting practices. Responsible for managing files, program information, website, and residency program manual.
- Maintain rosters for electives.
- Supervise and train Residency Program Assistant, if applicable.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attainedthrough experience required.
- 1 year of relevant work experience required.
*Bachelors degree. *Excellent oral and written communication skills. *Must take accountability and demonstrate initiative. *Must be organized and motivated. *Ability to learn management of New Innovations Software system (training provided).
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Academic Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $20.49 - $26.84
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Med Education Prgm
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Larissa Gronenberg | email@example.com | 520-626-4657
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.