Posting Number: req11135
Department: James C Wyant Coll Optical Sci
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
Position HighlightsThe James C. Wyant College of Optical Sciences is seeking to hire a Building Manager to support our fast-paced environment. The candidate will have mastery knowledge and will be expected to perform job duties with independence and significant creativity to provide best course of action, solutions, and/or recommendations for any issues presented to them. The candidate will provide direct support to a teaching and research- intensive college in a team oriented environment under the supervision of the Finance and Operations Director.
The College of Optical Sciences is the world's premier optical institute at The University of Arizona. Outstanding faculty and staff members, an international student body, pioneering research programs, and close relationships with the optics industry makes this a great place to work!
Our research programs encompass exciting, rapidly changing areas ranging in size from the world's largest telescopes down to the mystical realm of quantum nanophotonics.
The emphasis of our team is to provide exceptional customer service to faculty, students, and colleagues. The successful candidate must be enthusiastic to work in a collaborative environment, is able to actively listen and communicate constructively, exhibits flexibility in our rapidly changing setting, and is committed to the college's mission which is in line with the University's.
Please note: Due to ITAR/EAR restrictions all applicants must be a U.S. Citizen or hold permanent resident status.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work directly with faculty and staff to evaluate infrastructure needs
and identifies the best pathway for solutions.
- Inspect building and property for maintenance and repair purposes,
including storage areas, hallways, and loading dock.
- Initiate repair/maintenance requests with appropriate University
departments and monitor progress/costs of requests.
- Work with proper University departments to ensure we are in compliance
with safety regulations to provide a safe environment for our community.
- Address safety/security issues throughout Meinel Building in a timely
- Facilitate office/lab renovations and relocations.
- Operates forklift; lifts materials/equipment up to 100lbs. In areas where forklift is not available, will need to independently lift/move/transport these heavy materials/equipment. A dolly may be available for support.
- Manage disposal of surplus property (capital and non-capital) in
accordance with state guidelines; works with college's Business Office to
ensure records are updated accordingly and attain proper account number(s)
for revenue generated from sales.
- Receives tags issued by UA Property Management; coordinates the delivery
of item to be tagged, take picture, upload property information and photo
into UAccess Financials.
- Manage physical relocation of inventoried property, update relocation
data in UAccess Financials, including any items relocated off campus.
- Serves as point of contact and manger for bi-annual physical inventories performed
by UA Property and Management in conjunction with OSC Business Office
- Responsible for accepting special deliveries and coordinating delivery
- Manage distribution of college mail, campus mail runs and special
- Monitor paper usage for college copiers, fill drawers with paper as
needed, order and receive paper pallets.
- Communicates with FM Elock regarding scheduled events to ensure building
- Serves as point of contact for AMERX when alarm(s) are triggered.
- Maintain customer relations.
- May supervise one student employee.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
- Knowledge of building and equipment
- Skill in applying building and equipment maintenance/repair techniques.
- Ability to effectively engage in direct and
constructive dialogue with faculty and staff regarding infrastructure needs.
- Due to ITAR/EAR restrictions the
successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen or hold permanent resident status.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience required.
to drive according to the University Fleet Safety Policy.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Facilities, Grounds and Infrastructure
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: DOE
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Facilities Mgmt & Services
Facil, Grounds, & Infra
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.