Department Coordinator, Management
Pace University is ranked the #1 private, four-year college in the nation for upward economic mobility by Harvard University’s Opportunity Insights, evidence of the transformative education the University provides. We are currently seeking a Department Coordinator for our Management Department on our campus in downtown Manhattan.
This key position manages all functions of the Management Department under the supervision of the Chairperson by providing valuable assistance to the Chair and the Program Chairs in all matters related to the department, the faculty, and all programs offered through the department. Additional duties include supervising student aides.
- Respond to inquiries from students, faculty, and administration.
- Assist the Chair and Program Chairs in determining and managing teaching schedules of all full-time and part-time faculty in the management department.
- Input information on ISIS.
- Research and retrieve information via ISIS.
- Assist with budget preparations.
- Respond to requests from prospective students and the public in general for information concerning courses and administrative policies of the department.
- Responsible for updating course outlines.
- Prepares correspondence and maintains proper filing of department records.
- Prepares and disseminates correspondence, memos, and forms.
- Researches and provides information in response to inquiries concerning the various programs offered by the department.
- Orders supplies and books for faculty, advising faculty on matters related to travel reimbursements, faculty colloquia, new faculty orientation, and University policies and procedures.
- Manage the department chair’s schedule, arrange meetings and manage appointments.
- Make travel and conference arrangements for the department chair.
- Manage, organize, and plan department and program meetings.
- Under the supervision of the department chair and program chairs, reach out to current and potential students to address concerns, answer questions, and direct them to appropriate staff, faculty, and professionals at Pace University.
- Under the supervision of the department chair and program chairs, attend new and current student events during normal business. Assist with planning and execution of department events.
The ideal candidates will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 2 years’ experience in a University and/or administrative position.
- Must be proficient in MS Office, and internet applications, detail-oriented, and able to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills are essential.
Please apply at: https://careers.pace.edu/postings/22679
About Pace University
Ranked in the top 9% of private US colleges that provide the best return on tuition investment, Pace University transforms the lives of its diverse students—academically, professionally, and socioeconomically. Currently, the University enrolls more than 13,000 students in more than 150 bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral programs. Pace University is at the forefront of creating opportunity. Through the convergence of strong academics, experiential learning, and dedicated advising, Pace University empowers its students and positively impacts its communities.
Pace University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and people of all gender identities are encouraged to apply.
Annual Security Report Notice
Pace is committed to ensuring the safety and security of the students, faculty, staff and visitors to the University. In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University’s Safety and Security department publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. The report contains information on security policies as as well as crime and fire statistics for the University.