Admissions Counselor II (2 positions available)
Reporting to the associate/assistant director of admissions, the admissions counselor represents Western University of Health Sciences to prospective students and organizations and works to increase inquiries and convert applications into enrolled students. The successful admissions counselor exhibits superior customer service skills and professionalism throughout daily interactions and communications with students including phone calls, emails, and information sessions. Works closely with the assistant/associate director of admission and admission committees before and during interview days for assigned programs. With guidance from the associate director of admission, admission counselor II implements recruitment strategies to reach prospective students through events, referrals, online and print communications, and outreaches to businesses and organizations. The admission counselor must demonstrate an ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with team members, faculty, students, alumni, administrators, and staff.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Individuals must possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Good computer skills necessary to set up document formats in al Microsoft Office programs or any other software required by this position
- Familiarity with the use of the Internet. Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be able to interact with faculty, staff, students, and outside contacts
- Demonstrated skill in speaking clearly and distinctly using vocabulary and grammar to obtain and convey information to individuals at various organizational levels
- Ability to organize space and materials for multiple events
- Ability to handle detailed assignments, set priorities and produce accurate, high quality work within deadlines
- Ability to work either as a team member or independently with minimal supervision
- Proven skills in record keeping
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred, or any combination of education and experience that provides the required skills and ability
- Minimum of one to two years of experience in university admissions and recruitment or a similar recruitment setting
- Setting up one on one enrollment appointments via phone outreach with prospective students
- Cultivate prospective student relationships using phone and email correspondence
- Conduct detailed pre-admission counseling for prospective graduate students
- Conduct face-to-face, telephone appointments and email correspondence to identify adult student prospects to determine their educational needs, concerns and interests while promoting the benefits of higher education with prospective students.
- Provide superior customer service when interacting with prospective students on the phone, in writing, by email and/or in person
- Communicates effectively when working with prospective, future and current students while avoiding misrepresentation at all times
- Document all activity in the database management system in a timely and accurate manner
- Use Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool to prioritize and manage daily workflow
- Conduct campus torus
- Elect to participate in appropriate recruitment and enrollment activities including: campus tours, open houses, info sessions, transfer fairs, graduate fairs, tabling events, etc.
- Secure new inquiries (personally developed referrals) by directing asking phone and in-person contacts about referrals of others to contact that may be interested in programs offered
- Meet admissions department daily, weekly, and quarterly productivity goals, i.e. phone calls, emails, applications, interviews, etc.
- Serves as the primary point of contact and customer service representative to prospective students/applicants providing consistent, accurate and timely information via phone, email, mail correspondence and assists with overcoming objections.
- Meets and exceeds identified enrollment goals to include inquiry to applicant, applicant to accepted and accepted to enrolled yield goals which directly relate to tuition revenue generation and impact the financial health of the university.
- Assists with training on a variety of topics including admissions, financial aid, overcoming objections, etc. that lead to increasing start rate and boosting enrollment
- Serves as an additional point of contact when prospective students are unresponsive or want to withdraw
- Schedule, promote and lead individual group information meetings for degree programs targeted at prospective students in order to answer questions, accept applications for admission, and secure student commitments to start a program in a selected term (i.e. information sessions, graduate fairs, transfer fairs, tabling sessions group torus, community college visits)
- Participate in recruitment events at partner institutions and meet with students to collaborate with the institution personnel for the purpose of marketing WesternU's programs and find new ways to connect with prospective students
- Represent the University at transfer fairs, graduate fairs (including conferring with college counselors, individuals and student groups)
- Assists with the creation of the recruitment presentation that will be used when presenting to partner schools and local businesses within the community
- Provide valuate insight to help strengthen admissions and recruitment strategies
- Participate on university-wide committees as requested and engage others in enrollment initiatives
- Create and nurture external community and professional relationships
- Provide continuous evaluation of processes and procedures at the end of each intake cycle with results being used to improve areas of operations, efficiency and service to both internal and external customers
- Work in collaboration and cooperation with leadership and academic divisions on campus
- Recommend appropriate technologies to support enrollment functions
- Performs other duties as assigned