Space Planning & Facilities Projects Coordinator-AUX
Kennesaw State University
Job ID: 246700
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Find your wings at KSU!
Are you ready to join a community leading in innovative teaching and learning? Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. With our growing enrollment and global reach, we are enjoying increased prominence among Georgia's colleges. We offer more than 150 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees to over 43,000 students. Our entrepreneurial spirit, high-impact research, and Division I athletics also draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Our university's vibrant culture, diversity, career opportunities, and rich benefits make us an employer of choice. We are searching for talented people to join our mission. Come to KSU and find your passion!
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144.
Supports and assists in the management of space planning initiatives and space related facilities projects at the University. Provides critical interaction with the campus community and space planning committees in an effort to maximize existing space and meet the needs of our students, faculty and staff.
- Supports day to day space planning operations to align with KSU's strategic and master plans
- Coordinates, researches and collects data as requested
- Conducts physical space audits as needed
- Assists in the management of special project related initiatives
- Provides high level administrative and customer service support for the space planning process and department leadership
- Receives initial space and project requests, provides confirmation, routes to approver, follows up as needed. Documents ongoing status of all pending requests
- Prepares slides for monthly SPWG Presentations and quarterly Executive Group; post meeting prepares meeting minutes and forwards to committee members
- Completes or ensures completion of follow up tasks and tracks action related to the Working Group and Executive Group
- Sends status notifications following each meeting to requestors and stakeholders
- Works with stakeholders to transition from allocation of space to a project or move plan
- Ensures website is updated on an ongoing basis
- Assists in the annual office inventory process and updates office inventory as space allocations are executed
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education, or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience
Four (4) years of related experience
Prior experience in higher education
Experience in providing administrative support to department leadership
Prior experience in space management, facilities or related skills
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Able to adapt to quickly to changing circumstances
Able to take initiative and work independently with little supervision
Able to build relationships and coordinate with internal staff at all levels in a positive and productive manner
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e., Microsoft Office suite)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national, origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is not considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
- Standard Enhanced + Education
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=246700&PostingSeq=1