Intern - Equipment Room
Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,445 full-time undergraduates and 5,125 graduate and professional students. Ranked 35 among national universities, Boston College has 878 full-time and 1,201 FTE faculty, 2,750 non-faculty employees, an operating budget of $1.2 billion, and an endowment in excess of $2.8 billion.Job Description
This intern position is a 40-week position focused around our Equipment Room. Responsible for the daily management of all equipment
activity for several designated sports in the Department of Athletics. These
responsibilities include the management of the resource allocation provided by
the department's equipment and apparel provider (New Balance and Adidas), inventory
maintenance and management. This position also manages the logistics
surrounding receiving shipments of product and distributing equipment to teams
(including visiting teams) and administrative department.
This position pays $570 a week for 40 weeks and includes benefits.Requirements
* Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred
* At least 2 years of experience/undergraduate involvement in intercollegiate athletics is required, preferably at a NCAA Division I institution.
* A strong desire to pursue a career in the field of sports management and/or athletic administration is required.
* Ability to take direction
* Time and Resource Management
* Ability to work nights and weekends
* Troubleshooting Skills
* Ability to foster and maintain working relationships with other departments in the university and the community
* This position will be expected to perform all duties and responsibilities in compliance with all NCAA, ACC, and institutional rules.
* Evening and weekend work may be required. These demands are primarily centered on athletic competitions.
* Holidays and early morning hours are frequently required for various athletic competitions and operational set up of athletic and other events.
* Ability to maintain a flexible schedule is required.
* The primary working conditions include both an indoor office setting and outdoor event locations. Some medium lifting will be required for event preparation and set up. In most cases, events will occur regardless of weather so exposure to elements is likely.
Boston College offers a broad and competitive range of benefits depending on your job classification eligibility:
- Tuition remission for Employees
- Tuition remission for Spouses and Children who meet eligibility requirements
- Generous Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Low-Cost Life Insurance
- Eligibility for both University-Funded 401k and Employer-Sponsored403bRetirement Plans
- Paid Holidays Annually
- Generous Sickand Vacation Pay
- Additional benefits can be found onhttps://www.bc.edu/employeehandbook
Boston College conducts pre-employment background checks as part of the hiring process and requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Boston College is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. In concert with our Jesuit, Catholic mission, Boston College is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications for women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans.To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at https://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity.
Boston College's Notice of Nondiscrimination can be viewed athttps://www.bc.edu/nondiscrimination.