Training Specialist - Center for Excellence in Disabilities
West Virginia University Research Corporation is seeking applications for a Training Specialist with the Center for Excellence in Disabilities
About this Opportunity
The purpose of this position is to support and coordinate the center-wide training efforts at the Center for Excellence in Disabilities. This position will provide logistical support to individuals who are developing, implementing, and/or participating in training efforts throughout the center. This position will also develop courses for professionals and the community (on-line or in person) as needed and establish a comprehensive process for evaluating training efforts from design to completion. Serve as the lead in a team of professionals overseeing pre-service training, continuing education, and professional development of students, professionals, consumers, and community members.
This position serves as a resource contact and independently uses professional concepts and techniques, as well as organizational policies to solve a wide range of moderate to complex problems in imaginative and practical ways. Depth skills, knowledge, and interpretive abilities, as well as some creativity, are required to successfully perform duties. Work effort often addresses non-routine matters within established protocol, guidelines, and/or policies. Work effort has significant impact on client services and operations, producing moderate to major organizational, legal and financial results and/or liabilities. Position duties may require oversight of projects or programs, including coordination of work by others providing support of basic objectives.
At WVU Research Corporation, we strongly believe in work-life balance and keeping time for things we love outside our work. WVU Research Corporation offers a comprehensive benefits package with a variety of options to suit your needs:
* 13 paid holidays (staff holiday calendar)
* 403(b) retirement savings with a fully vested 3% employee contribution match, (Employees have the option of contributing an additional 1-3% of their earnings to the plan, which is also matched by the WVURC)
* A range of health insurance and various other benefits
* Dependent Education Scholarship
* WVU Perks
* And More!!
What you'll do:
- Assess the current training practices and needs of all WVU CED employees across the various types of training opportunities (pre-service; outreach).
- Establish consistent assessment procedures of all training efforts to assess quality delivery of pre-service and outreach training on behalf of the WVU CED.
- Identify and address logistical needs of training programs throughout the center.
- Assist with the development of the WVU CED's 5-year training plan and implement the plan accordingly.
- Oversee the professional development of WVU CED staff, from on-board/orientation training through continuing education.
- Coordinate and oversee continued education offerings for the center.
- Consult with Mid-Level Leadership within the WVU CED to identify and implement training they need to work with teams and establish performance metrics and evaluate productivity.
- Assist Mid-Level Leadership to develop and monitor training team members will need to reach their short- and long-term career goals with the WVU CED.
- Disseminate evidence-based training programs and materials for use throughout the WVU CED and partners.
- Develop, test, and disseminate training materials when there are no materials available.
- Ensure all center training materials are accessible to all audiences.
- Assist Mid-Level Leadership in the development of, and budget needs for, training components embedded within their programming and services.
- Provide or assist in classroom training, demonstrations, on-the-job training, meetings, conferences, and workshops.
- Coordinate biannual conference among disability partners.
- Conduct peer-reviews of presentations, training sessions, workshops and other training opportunities as requested.
- Identify, conduct, and disseminate research on training and other educational practices with the WVU CED.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Director of the WVU CED.
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Human Development, Workforce Education and Development, Human Resources, or related field.
- Five (5) years of experience in curriculum development, workforce training design/delivery, instructional design, learning management or education development programming;Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated training development and coordination skills.
- Demonstrated excellence in communication skills, oral, and written.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams that organize and conduct training events on location and through distance communication.
- Demonstrated ability to lead in development and publication of documents and training materials.
- Organizational skills and ability to work successfully with a team to manage and meet project deadlines.
- Proven ability to adapt and innovate.
- Proven ability to write and speak effectively.
- Proven ability to implement approaches for assessing customer satisfaction and for ensuring excellent customer service.
- Experience in the conduct of state or organizational long-term plan activities.
- Knowledge of current Web-based and other technologies that support innovative distance learning.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technology applications (e.g., Office, Teams)
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and maintain positive working relationship with constituents, funders, regulatory agencies, professionals in a variety of disciplines and agencies, consumers and their support systems and the general public.
- Ability to travel extensively to parts of the state not accessible by public transportation as well as occasional out of state travel.
The ability to travel to WVUs regional campuses and/or within the multi-state area is required.
About Research Corporation
The WVURC was created as a not-for-profit corporation in 1985 to support research (R1) at West Virginia University. We provide evaluation, development, patenting, management, and marketing services for inventions of the faculty, staff and students of the University.
The WVURC receives and administers funds awarded by external agencies for research and other activities and is responsible for helping protect intellectual property through patents, copyrights and licensing agreements for start-up companies based on University research.
Creating an inclusive, engaged, and dynamic environment is core to WVURC's mission. We welcome candidates who can contribute a range of ideas, approaches and experiences.
West Virginia University Research Corporation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We value diversity among its employees and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.
Job Posting: Jul 28, 2022
Posting Classification: Research Corporation
Exemption Status: Exempt
Benefits Eligible: Yes