Assistant Director of Enrollment Programs
Reporting to the Director for Student Enrollment Services, the Assistant Director serves in a leadership role and as the primary coordinator for the successful execution of the following Mailman School of Public Health marquee events - New Student Orientation and Class Day (graduation ceremony). Working closely with school, campus, and university partners, the incumbent ensures the programmatic and logistical foundation for these large-scale and complex events. This position will also support and broaden the reach of the Enrollment Management team by developing and/or supporting programs and events related to registration, degree audit and tracking, student matriculation, admissions, and more.
Orientation and Student Matriculation
Provide programmatic direction and serve as the primary coordinator for the successful implementation of new student orientation and seamless matriculation of new students. Partnering with relevant school, campus, and university partners, the Assistant Director can expect to:
- Develop and execute a communication plan for matriculating students as well as design and implement a new student information portal in partnership with the Office of Admissions
- Ensure student compliance with any pre-registration requirements such as final transcripts, vaccination documentation, pre-orientation modules assigned by the university, and more
- Develop and implement a month-long asynchronous online orientation focused on medical campus and university services, academic integrity, graduate-level learning, and more
- Coordinate the three to four day, in-person orientation comprised of academic department breakouts, degree specific breakouts, faculty lectures, required presentations such as those mandated by Sexual Violence Response and Title IX, social programming. The Assistant Director will need liaise and partner with school and University partners (such as the Office of Student Affairs, Office of Diversity, Culture, and Inclusion, Office of Educational Initiatives, University Life and others) to ensure programmatic needs in line with their missions have been met (such as the Student Life Expo, Self, Social and Global Awareness training requirement, Wellness Newsletter, Core Orientation and more)
- Recruit staff and student volunteers as needed and assign duties for both preparatory work and week of support
- Develop transition programming meant to be hosted throughout the fall semester to aid matriculated students in the graduate school experience. Including but not limited to programming in cooperation with student support services, skill-building (like time management and academic success strategies), and more
- Coordinate any necessary purchases, facilities requests, and catering needs for in-person or virtual experiences
- Coordinate and plan all school needs related to the school Class Day ceremony (Mailman School specific graduation ceremony) and University-wide Commencement. Partnering with relevant school, campus, and university partners, the Assistant Director can expect to:
- Serve as liaison for varying campus and university planning groups necessary in the execution of Class Day and in support of Mailman School of Public Health students eligible to participate in University Commencement
- Develop and execute a communication plan for students eligible to participate in Commencement activities such as Class Day and University Commencement
- Manage the committee responsible for the selection of the class speaker who provides remarks on behalf of the graduates during Class Day
- Manage the ticketing and RSVP system for the Class Day ceremony as well as the eligibility list for students to participate in University Commencement
- Coordinate the Awards Ceremony preceding Class Day comprised of an awards presentation and reception
- Recruit staff and student volunteers for the Class Day ceremony
- Serve as an advisor on graduation related events such as the Multicultural Graduation, Delta Omega Induction ceremony, varying department level celebrations, etc.
- Manage the weekly Office of Education newsletter (Transmission Action), as well as any ad hoc announcements needed by the office and partners
- Manage and update content related to the Office and partners on the school website?
- Cooperate with the Mailman School Communications Office on the development of communication strategies for internal and external constituents via the use of email, social media, video, and other media
- Develop and coordinate supplemental programming in support of furthering the reach and promotion of Enrollment Services. Programming would be related but not limited to an introduction to Stellic (school degree audit tracking system), registration, educational systems, and services (such as Student Services Online, CourseWorks, etc.) and more
- Manage the Office of Education Student Travel fund which provides monetary assistance to students who are presenting or attending conferences
Other duties as assigned
- Partner with academic departments and other Office of Education teams in furthering the reach of their services and support as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in education and experience required
- Minimum three years of related experience required
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong organizational, time, and project management skills while navigating competing priorities and addressing differing constituent needs
- Excellent communication skills and experience working with a diverse student population
- Previous experience in large-scale event planning.
- Availability for evening and/or weekend programming
- Master’s degree in Higher Education, Student Personnel Administration, or related field.?
- Experience with graduate-level students in health-related fields
- Strong practical/technical skills with the Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, SharePoint), HTML, CRMs, Canvas (or other comparable learning management system)
- Knowledge of student development theory and experience with student success.
Subject to business needs, we may support flexible and hybrid work arrangements. Options will be discussed during the interview process.