Budget Analyst (PT)-Fiscal Services
Kennesaw State University
Business and Financial Services
Job ID: 244397
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Part Time
Find your wings at KSU!
Are you ready to join a higher education community leading in innovative teaching and learning? Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country and one of the largest in the state of Georgia offering more than 150 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees to its nearly 43,000 students. Our university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties, entrepreneurial spirit, and Division I athletics draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. We are growing and searching for talented people to join our mission!
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144
Assists in the implementation and monitoring of short and long-term financial and budgetary forecasting models and funding plans to support fiscal and capital development. Performs data collection, monitors revenue and spending. Analyzes variances and assists in the preparation of regular and special reports. Monitors and maintains budget data for position management within HR and budget systems. Performs routine audits to validate financial system budget data agrees with position budget data.
- Assists in the development of the annual budget for the university, including budget workbooks for revenue-generating units, revenue projections and allocations, analyzes SAS reports for budgetary data for discrepancies
- Inputs position salary updates, and preparation of the data imports and exports to and from the PeopleSoft Budget Prep module
- Assists in the preparation and review of KSU's 5-year business plans for assigned units
- Coordinates with business managers and department leaders of the units, as well as detailed analysis of revenue and expenditure
- Assists in the Elective Fee submission for the Board of Regents, including detailed analysis of miscellaneous fee revenue and expenditures throughout the year
- Assists in the analysis of each fee to ensure compliance with BOR policy, and recommends increases/decreases to fee amounts as appropriate
- Tracks and analyzes expenditures of university utilities, telecom, staff benefits, lease payments, and IT maintenance
- Tracks and analyzes the institutional unassigned contingency budget for budget director review and usage in the one-time funding process
- Assists in the preparation and review of mandatory fee submission for the BOR in coordination with the business managers and department leaders of the units
- Provides analysis of revenue and expenditure detail
- Develops and maintains a waiver analysis to determine impact on revenue
- Analyzes and assists in the updates of budgets for revenue-generating units, including auxiliary, mandatory fees, departmental sales and services, and miscellaneous fees
- Utilizes and develops analytical reports using SAS to monitor financial performance and budgets of various university departments,
- Assists staff members in developing analytical reports to monitor departmental budgets
- Researches and resolves inquiries from business managers and department leaders, and various detailed budget and financial analysis projects as requested
- Assists with budget amendment analysis and budget error resolution
- Assists in the development of the annual budget for the university, including budget workbooks for revenue-generating units, revenue projections and allocations, analyzing SAS reports of budgetary data for discrepancies, input of position salary updates, and preparation of the data imports and exports to and from the PeopleSoft Budget Prep module
- Works with the Post Award and Contracts team to set up and fund sponsored projects with PeopleSoft Financials and PeopleSoft HCM (OneUSG) including but not limited to Project ID set up, speed type set up, and combo code set up.
- Reviews and processes budget amendments and payroll reallocations related to sponsored positions and operation
- Routinely analyze and report any position related variance to Post Award and Contracts team
- Primary point of contact for Post Award and Contracts team and Grants Accounting team concerning budget and payroll related questions
Bachelor's from an accredited institution of higher education in Accounting, Finance or related field
Two (2) years of related work experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Working and tested knowledge of SAS software and PeopleSoft Budget Prep module
The budget for this position is between $19.11 and $30.00.
Offers will be based on candidate experience and budget availability.
Pay Grade: N-23
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Able to use SAS and PeopleSoft reports for analysis and forecasting; Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Knowledge of general budgeting processes
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills; Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite); Strong attention to detail and follow up skills; Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national, origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position has financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position will not travel
This position does not require security clearance.
- Standard Enhanced + Education
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=244397&PostingSeq=1